Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Help! Clicking fuse box car won't start

Hello. My car is totally dead. No lights on or anything. But the fuse box in the glove box is making a constant clicking sound. Anyone here know what is going on??

OP
AlrightyThen
Thread Starter #3
Ok. Weirdly yesterday my radio stopped working. The sync head unit still worked, it just would not go to the music section. I could access settings and navigation but not music. I'm going to check the battery connections first. How do I check the relays?

zanethan

I always buy a replacement swap it in and see if it fixes it. Relays are typically cheap. Other than that I'm not sure.

If you're hearing a clicking that means one of them is constantly cycling, if you open up the fuse box you should be able to touch the relays and feel the suspected faulty relay clicking.

WAM

You need to go about it in an orderly manner. Is the battery drained or not? If it is, eliminate circuits pulling fuses, breakers and relays until you zero in on the problem. If you don't know how to do this, maybe get some help. The clicking relay may or may not be the problem. It might just be a symptom.

OP
AlrightyThen
Thread Starter #6
ok thanks guys, I'm going to start with the battery, get it charged & tested and go from there.