Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Help I’m in need of a transmission or OEM clutch/flywheel

I bought my first manual! (FiST) and i ruined my oem clutch. Anyways pulled the trigger on a fidanza flywheel and a spec stage 2+ clutch. Then it started to chatter and about a month later the 2nd gear synchro shot but i do have the extended warranty. Does anyone have any recommendations? Plz help FiST Godz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
Welcome to bungle in the jungle, as for the trans issue, if Ford will fix it go for it. If you already have installed the after market parts they might not do it. If it's still all stock they should fix it.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
No offense but it sounds like driver inexpensive that is causing you to go through clutches. Shouldn't be going through them that quickly.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Yup, driver inexperience is probably a contributing factor; I learned by renting an old beater car w/ a 4-speed manual. Once experienced, I then got my first car - it was more inexpensive that way.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Did you put an unsprung clutch disc in with that fidanza flywheel? If you did that is your issue. If you convert to a Single Mass FlyWheel (SMFW) you need to install a sprung clutch disc to absorb the driveline shock. Good luck with the warranty, hopefully they take care of it for you!