Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Help me Identify the source of this brake Screech, Wilwood BBK

Help me Identify the source of this brake creak, Wilwood BBK

So I started getting this screech sound with my brakes. They work perfectly fine, just did a 90 mph stop from work with no troubles. I just can't figure out what this screech is. Every time I depress the brake st a stop or coming to a stop I get it. Sounds like the rotors or the pads bend or something. The kit has 12k miles on it. I've gone through a hand full of pads. My current pads are BP-20s and they have about 70% life left. Any help would be appreciated.

Brake Screech

OP
J
Thread Starter #4
I was browsing a Lotus Forum (They have AP Racing Calipers) and one of their fellow members had this same issue. It was the pistons having too much brake dust on them. Next weekend I will take the pads out and thoroughly clean and lube up the pistons. Will post an update.

Scott

Yep this is the pistons creaking as pressure is applied. Wife's Toyota Highlander had the same sound/issue. A $5.00 tube of brake caliper lube will fix it. Be sure to really pull back the weather seals on the Pistons to get down to the offending area. Since they are little calipers you might need a q-tip or syringe to get to the back sides near the spine.