Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Help needed: NorCal Bay Area Cobb toys Installation (installing a Cobb intercooler and intake and other fun stuff)

Hey friends,
So I finally own my car haha. So I wanted to install the Cobb Intercooler and intake and rear motor mount. I lack the tools and skills (last time I tooled around was 12 years ago—SRT 4 stage 3; I did a poor job and needed help from neighboring enthusiasts). Anyone here with experience that can help? Willing to pay. Thank you!!!!

Also—if I go catback exhaust here CA, any suggestions?
Edsel S

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
Welcome to the zoo. I live in Ohio wish I could help. The best way to learn how to work on cars, is to work on cars. Personally, I would deal with Whoosh Motorsports, I've found Cobb to not be all that customer friendly. Ron at Whoosh is awesome to deal with. I use Dizzy for tuning, again awesome to deal with. As for tools most of the China made tools are junk. I prefer Grear Wrench. They are midgrade, lifetime replacement. You can also buy specialty tools on Amazon.

Dialcaliper

The previous owner of my car put a flow master “American thunder” 2.5” catback on my car, and I’m quite happy with it. The videos out there don’t do it justice. It’s rumbly and sounds good when you want it to be, but seems to be plenty fine in my quiet neighborhood - one of my older neighbors, told me the car “sounds nice, like it has a good engine in it” when I was asked him if the noise was too loud.

FYI from previous experience with other cars, a 2.5” system is plenty for most any a Fiesta can make. 3” exhaust really only makes a difference in flow once you’re pushing an engine north of 400hp and will be louder (and heavier). So only consider a 3” exhaust if you just like it loud, not for any sort of performance gain.

Anything after the catalyst is not restricted by CARB, so you can pretty much choose anything you want short of noise ordinances.

I’m in the Bay Area and wish I could offer help, but it’s crunch time at work and I’m kind of tied up. If you don’t find anyone else to help, there’s a nice college kid in Los Altos that runs a wash/detail gig in his summer time and also has some experience modifying cars as a service that seems to know his stuff and might be able to help you.

https://sites.google.com/view/inclinegaragejvt/home?authuser=0

Last edited: