Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Help please! Eibach Pro Kit too high!

Hey all, just installed the pro kit (thanks Ron at Whoosh!), but I ran into a problem. The rear was a cinch. The passenger side went in great. But the drivers side isn't compressing like the others. It's riding too high. Something is off.

Before I got the car up on stands, the fronts were 14" from the center of the hub to the top of the fender.

When finishing up on the passenger side, I jacked up the hub assembly to the 14" mark before torquing everything back down. When I do this on the drivers side, at about the 16" mark the assembly stops compressing for some reason and the whole car lifts of my jack stands. In other words, my drivers side is running 2" higher than before, and it's not compressing beyond that.

Any thoughts?

(btw, first started thread. been lurking forever. this place is the best!)

OP
RubberDucky_82
Thread Starter #2
It seems to have sorted itself out. After disassembling twice, with no change, I took it apart a 3rd time. I compressed the shock by hand to make sure it was working, and I fiddled with the boot and bump stop to make sure there wasn't any weird binding going on. I didn't have much hope to be honest because everything still looked fine. I lowered my other 3 corners off of the jack stands, reinstalled, said a few prayers, and it worked! Honestly, I have no idea what was off. My guess is something was binding with the boot and bump stop. I did think for a minute that maybe my shock locked up, but that doesn't appear to be it.

He drove well this morning, and he looks great. Hope this helps someone who may be in the same boat as me someday.