Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Help solving battery drain issue!

I usually drive my car every day if not every other day. Sometimes it sits in a garage over the weekend.

I had not started my car since last Thursday and when I went to leave this morning (Tuesday) The battery was dead.

What could be causing this? I've only had this happen since installing the replica Euro headlights. I did not install the resistor or repin them so the DRL don't work, could this be the problem?

I'm pretty bad when it comes to electrical issues so any help is appreciated.

edit: Forgot to mention I have a dash cam plugged in running at all times and my AP is plugged in awell.

Last edited:
When you find out, let me know. I brought my car to the shop a month ago. When I picked it up two days later, the battery was dead. I jumped the car, and drove it home. The car died again two weeks later. The shop said to replace the battery. I had the battery tested elsewhere and they said it was fine. When I demanded the first shop replace my alternator, they insisted again that it was the battery. The alternator is covered under warranty. Two weeks later my car seems fine. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

OP
FistToFast
Thread Starter #3
When you find out, let me know. I brought my car to the shop a month ago. When I picked it up two days later, the battery was dead. I jumped the car, and drove it home. The car died again two weeks later. The shop said to replace the battery. I had the battery tested elsewhere and they said it was fine. When I demanded the first shop replace my alternator, they insisted again that it was the battery. The alternator is covered under warranty. Two weeks later my car seems fine. Fingers crossed.

Do you have any aftermarket electronics?

Did you have the alternator tested?

The shop I got it from (used) said the alternator tested fine. An independent shop by my house said my battery tested fine. It's too bad I haven't got the necessary equipment. I just got the replacement battery done so I could have the car back.

If you have a door ajar, the hatch popped or the hood open it will cause the "door open" symbol on the dash light up. The "door open" symbol will go out after a while with the ignition off, but it continues to send a signal to the electronic module. That module will not go into sleep mode and will suck power and kill your battery in two days.

If it happened after installing an electrical part then you probably have a draw on the battery when the car is off, slowly draining it down. This can be caused by a bad ground on the device installed.