Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Help! Stripped bolt while installing Garageline spacer

While installing my Garageline pedal spacer, I went a bit gorilla mode and stripped the threads on the end of one of the studs coming through the firewall. Gonna pull the spacer in a bit and see if there is enough good thread left to reinstall the pedal, sans-spacer.

Anyone happen to know if these studs can be replaced? How screwed am I if I can't get the nut back on?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
While installing my Garageline pedal spacer, I went a bit gorilla mode and stripped the threads on the end of one of the studs coming through the firewall. Gonna pull the spacer in a bit and see if there is enough good thread left to reinstall the pedal, sans-spacer.

Anyone happen to know if these studs can be replaced? How screwed am I if I can't get the nut back on?

How about using a die to chase the threads?

OP
Z
Thread Starter #4
If by figured out you mean there was enough good thread to reinstall the pedal without the spacer and the spacer has been sold, then yepp. Totally figured out.

Will take some pics tomorrow. Not much of a fabricator so haven't rethreaded anything before. Will look into it.

If by figured out you mean there was enough good thread to reinstall the pedal without the spacer and the spacer has been sold, then yepp. Totally figured out.

Will take some pics tomorrow. Not much of a fabricator so haven't rethreaded anything before. Will look into it.

Definitely get a tap and die set/kit. I got one a few years ago when I kept stripping random bolts on my subaru.

SrsBsns

Definitely get a tap and die set/kit. I got one a few years ago when I kept stripping random bolts on my subaru.
It's always good to have on hand. You never know when you'll need it and generally when you do, the stores are closed.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club

In the current day and age, you can find videos on youtube demonstrating how to do damned-near anything - it's a fantastic time to be alive if you like learning stuff! Watch a few different videos so you aren't just getting one person's perspective on the process. Tap & Die can be super handy to have, i.e. you can thread exhaust hanger rods and add nuts+washers to keep your tips centered, etc.

OP
Z
Thread Starter #8
Ok tap/die set ordered. Will be here tomorrow. Now to find time to practice...