Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

help with OAR!!!!

Trent816

Active Duty U.S. Navy
i’ve been working on a new tune with dizzy and i’m having problems with my OAR. for some reason my OAR keeps dropping and resetting to 0.00 from -1.00 when i drive sometimes. i manage to reflash the tune and get it to -1.00 within an hour but for some reason it goes back to 0.00 randomly. hoping someone can help me figure this out!!!!

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
I would keep OAR on as a monitor and keep an eye on it as you drive.. try to narrow down exactly when "randomly" is. It should fluctuate a bit if you are right on the edge of what your gas can do (either fully tuned or bad / low octane gas) but the corrections should be minor and never exactly back to 0.0. This is something you should bring up with Jason @ dizzy as it is abnormal behavior.

OP
T

Trent816

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Thread Starter #3
I would keep OAR on as a monitor and keep an eye on it as you drive.. try to narrow down exactly when "randomly" is. It should fluctuate a bit if you are right on the edge of what your gas can do (either fully tuned or bad / low octane gas) but the corrections should be minor and never exactly back to 0.0. This is something you should bring up with Jason @ dizzy as it is abnormal behavior.
i feel like i’ve seen it do it when i do a pull in lower gear and almost hit red line. then after that it drops to 0.00 but it doesn’t do it when i do WOT logs in 3rd. i talked to dizzy and he was trying to figure out if my ign corr was the problem but it doesn’t seem to be it. he said it should go positive under load and should cap at 3.50 which is exactly what it’s doing

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Unless your modifications do not allow it, I would load up one of the tunes that came with the accessport and see if the problem persists. This will see if its an issue with the dizzy tune specifically or not. If it happens with both tunes, then you have some sort of electrical/sensor gremlin.