Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hey All, from rainy Portland!!

Just brought home a White Platinum Metallic ST about a month ago. My first ‘gateway’ mod is sitting in boxes in my apartment (Cobb Stage 2). I was looking for something to get me by until I go to a big turbo and light build next year (guessing I don’t need 300+ hp right before it starts raining here in the PNW....well, I do but...)

Looking forward to being part of the community and learning about this fun ride! I’m coming from an ‘18 Mustang GT so it’s a new world for sure :)

Welcome from Lincoln City!

I got my same color 2016 two months ago. You might want to check out the WORST (Western Oregon RS/ST) FB group - we're planning a run from Banks to Astoria on Oct. 21.

Should be getting my winter wheel/tire set next week from Tire Rack. My daily commute takes me over the Coast Range to Salem so I'll need my Blizzaks!

Peter

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Just brought home a White Platinum Metallic ST about a month ago. My first ‘gateway’ mod is sitting in boxes in my apartment (Cobb Stage 2). I was looking for something to get me by until I go to a big turbo and light build next year (guessing I don’t need 300+ hp right before it starts raining here in the PNW....well, I do but...)

Looking forward to being part of the community and learning about this fun ride! I’m coming from an ‘18 Mustang GT so it’s a new world for sure :)
Welcome man! I'm in Tigard too, I'm on the NW tip over in Progress Ridge 2 blocks behind Big Al's... I've had my '17 magnetic since February and have gotten a few mods done if you ever want to meet up and see mine or work on them together... So where did you buy through? I knew a guy at Damerow so they pulled the exact color/optioned one I wanted from Skyline in Salem and gave me a smoking deal that Dicks or Landmark couldn't touch...

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Welcome from Lincoln City!

I got my same color 2016 two months ago. You might want to check out the WORST (Western Oregon RS/ST) FB group - we're planning a run from Banks to Astoria on Oct. 21.

Should be getting my winter wheel/tire set next week from Tire Rack. My daily commute takes me over the Coast Range to Salem so I'll need my Blizzaks!

Peter
Oh dang, that is coming up quick, I'm on too many FB groups to keep up, I better get on there and RSVP, glad to see there will be more FiST's, I went to a C&C with them and was the only FiST...

OP
P
Thread Starter #12
Welcome man! I'm in Tigard too, I'm on the NW tip over in Progress Ridge 2 blocks behind Big Al's... I've had my '17 magnetic since February and have gotten a few mods done if you ever want to meet up and see mine or work on them together... So where did you buy through? I knew a guy at Damerow so they pulled the exact color/optioned one I wanted from Skyline in Salem and gave me a smoking deal that Dicks or Landmark couldn't touch...
Just getting back to the forum so I apologize for the delay in responding :)

I picked up mine at Gresham Ford. I bought a tuned '18 Mustang GT there so when I decided to get out of it and into something more economical (trying to buy a house this year), they were really the only ones who would work with me on the 'stang (those things take a massive hit during that first year or so...and yes, I miss it!). I tried super hard to get into a WRX to be really honest, but Subaru just wouldn't budge on the trade in for the 'stang.....so I got an average deal on the FiST and saved some dough anyway.

I'm glad to see all the PNW folks here and I'll definitely be checking out the WORST group. I haven't made any real modifications other than a Cobb Stage 1 and symposer delete. I have a Cobb FMIC and RMM waiting to be installed, but I might wait until this fall when I plan on going to the G25-550 (new build thread for some ideas coming soon). I don't have a garage and the parking lot install of the stage 1 was bad enough

Thanks for reaching out and I'd love to meet up sometime! I live and work in Tualatin so we're basically neighbors...

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Just getting back to the forum so I apologize for the delay in responding :)

I picked up mine at Gresham Ford. I bought a tuned '18 Mustang GT there so when I decided to get out of it and into something more economical (trying to buy a house this year), they were really the only ones who would work with me on the 'stang (those things take a massive hit during that first year or so...and yes, I miss it!). I tried super hard to get into a WRX to be really honest, but Subaru just wouldn't budge on the trade in for the 'stang.....so I got an average deal on the FiST and saved some dough anyway.

I'm glad to see all the PNW folks here and I'll definitely be checking out the WORST group. I haven't made any real modifications other than a Cobb Stage 1 and symposer delete. I have a Cobb FMIC and RMM waiting to be installed, but I might wait until this fall when I plan on going to the G25-550 (new build thread for some ideas coming soon). I don't have a garage and the parking lot install of the stage 1 was bad enough

Thanks for reaching out and I'd love to meet up sometime! I live and work in Tualatin so we're basically neighbors...
Don't blame you in trying for a WRX, I LOVE AWD myself, had a DSM AWD turbo back in the day and have had a couple of Audi Quattro's since too, AWD is great for performance driving in the rain of course too!

Anyway, just curious if you did any exhaust mods after the Symposer delete? I found the car was WAAAY too eerily quiet once I did mine, and knew it probably would be from my research, so I simply did a rear muffler to glasspack swap and it sounds good, not too loud but plenty of real feedback without the leak risk... Stock exhaust on a FiST is very much not a restriction at ALL until you are pushing 350+ whp anyway, so a little something for sound is all you need.

As far as your other mods, I'd definitely do the the RMM and IC now and then you can run Cobb OTS Stage 3, which their requirements are a joke and can safely be ignored. Any other "Stage 1" Pro Tune would likely be at least as aggressive as Cobb Stage 2, so that's safe to run even with a stock IC just keep in mind you'll heat soak in the summer with the stock IC after more than just a couple of pulls at a time without a cool down period, but since you have the RMM and IC, put them in now and run Cobb Stage 3 and don't worry about any other tunes until you go big turbo! Even if you don't have a garage, you can do the RMM on ramps in a parking lot in 30 minutes and is WELL worth it.

And one last thing, not sure if you use Facebook, but there are some great private groups that you can really learn a lot from so it's worth a fake name account just for that. Honestly, the forums are kind of slowly dying off because of FB, so it's something worth considering and I can always invite you into the groups... But stay in touch, we'll have to meet up and you can check out my car with it's current mods just to see what's possible with a stock turbo too.