Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hey, new here, question about standard seats

Hello, I’ve had my 17 Black ST for almost 5 months now. Recently I’ve noticed the divers seat seems to be wearing pretty quickly. Curious if anyone else is having a similar problem.
Thank you

No issues here, and I've had mine for about as long as you (May '17).

My friend calls me Twiggy Azalea since I'm skinny - maybe that's why I haven't broken my seat lol

Oh, but I did have one issue with the driver seat. The plastic handle on the linkage that controls the height of the seat snapped, but luckily it fell under warranty.

Thank goodness since it would have cost around $70 to replace a piece of plastic that weighs 15 grams!

I had my drivers seat replaced becuase the back seat springs replaced under warranty. But no abnormal wear. Stock seats gone now.

DaveG99

I've had mine since February of 2016 and no signs of wear on my seat.

OP
S
Thread Starter #5
Well hmmmmmm,....I guess I’ll swing it by the dealer and have them eyeball it then.
Thank you for responding

2014 with 32k here. No wear to speak of. I am however very OCD and make sure I'm perfectly centered in the seat, and I always try not to slide in or out. Just gently plop my ass down haha.

OP
S
Thread Starter #11
So I just went to my dealer and showed him the spot. He thinks it’s a stain, and used spot remover on it. I don’t think it’s a stain, stains don’t have straight lines. I think it’s the threads separating. It’s the spot just to the left of center. The spot to the right is sun light.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So I just went to my dealer and showed him the spot. He thinks it’s a stain, and used spot remover on it. I don’t think it’s a stain, stains don’t have straight lines. I think it’s the threads separating. It’s the spot just to the left of center. The spot to the right is sun light.

i would have to agree with you, I think it looks like the threads are separating. My opinion (i work at a dealer) if one place won't do anything about it, take it to another. If that doesn't work, contact the service manager or even the district manager and file a complaint. You will get it replaced under goodwill at the very least.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I see fuzz and it's round; circularish; doesn't follow the seams between the threads. Looks like abrasion damage vs defect thread separation. I do have a couple of pants who's pockets extend deep enough, and are loose enough, to allow my leg to sit on the keys, multi-tool. Metal, nails, sharp plastics, basically anything can scrape up against any cloth material and fuzz it. (which is basically tearing the top-most layer of threads) It appears to be trivial, harmless, aesthetic. If it's just left alone, passengers won't notice and after twelve months, you'll almost forget it's there.

As much as we HATE it, the vehicle won't stay perfect. Not long after I purchased brand new, a truck rolled by me just after I entered the highway and it launched a geological bullet at the lower center part of my windshield. Star-burst! [confuse] I rolled my previous vehicle for like eight years with two of them and was happy to finally have something nice...

OP
S
Thread Starter #14
You’re right, it could be abrasions, I’m waiting for the spot to dry completely from being cleaned before deciding what to do next. But the spot itself is about 2” in front of my crotch, so it’s not a high wear area.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Ever set anything between your legs because the light changed and you "needed" to go now? Phones get dropped and sometimes the nicks in the plastics can have a little bit of sharpness to them. (particularly if dropped on textured cement)

OP
S
Thread Starter #16
Ever set anything between your legs because the light changed and you "needed" to go now? Phones get dropped and sometimes the nicks in the plastics can have a little bit of sharpness to them. (particularly if dropped on textured cement)
No,....I really haven’t put anything in that spot. That I can remember, anyways. I suppose anything is possible, but I honestly don’t think I’ve ever put anything there.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I think it's because you didn't opt for the recaros....The FiST isn't happy about it...so it decided to give you the seat issue you are having now at this moment in time. Best option to cure it...get some recaros and install them....The FiST will be much much happier you did....and you will be to when you come out of the Apex.just touching the clipping point...kidding....just bring it to the dealer and say I see a blemish in the seat.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
S
Thread Starter #18
I think it's because you didn't opt for the recaros....The FiST isn't happy about it...so it decided to give you the seat issue you are having now at this moment in time. Best option to cure it...get some recaros and install them....The FiST will be much much happier you did....and you will be to when you come out of the Apex....kidding....just bring it to the dealer and say I see a blemish in the seat.

Lol! You may be right! It’s rebelling against having base seat-itis.
I did bring it by my dealer, they said it’s a stain and spot cleaned it. I’m waiting for it to dry completely to see if it took care of it.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Lol! You may be right! It’s rebelling against having base seat-itis.
I did bring it by my dealer, they said it’s a stain and spot cleaned it. I’m waiting for it to dry completely to see if it took care of it.
Another great product to clean seats is by Griots....interior cleaner ...my Gfs son is slob...spills shit everywhere....worked great and didn't leave a greasy film behind like some other cleaners...just food for thought!

OP
S
Thread Starter #20
Another great product to clean seats is by Griots....interior cleaner ...my Gfs son is slob...spills shit everywhere....worked great and didn't leave a greasy film behind like some other cleaners...just food for thought!

Hey thanks for the tip! I saw the dealer used a Motorcraft product (of course) on the seat. I’m hoping I’m wrong and it was a stain and was taken care of now.