Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Heyo!

And there goes the only exclamation point I'll ever use.

I'm just a filthy millennial trying to get by in Dallas who has a tendency to be a bit long-winded. Bought a 2015 FiST after my '04 Camry got rear-ended and totalled by a bro-truck.
Can't be too upset, though; insurance thought the car was worth several times what I paid for it.

I got my car at 60k miles and not in the best condition, but it's been working well enough for the 6k I've put on it since.

When I bought it the coolant tank was empty; the tires, brake rotors, and battery were OEM; the owner's manual case had everything but the owner's manual; and there's some sort of excessively orange rust on parts of the interior and the steering shaft u-joint. Fun fact, all of these things are useful to note when negotiating price.
(Anyone else find rust on their steering shaft? How concerned should I be? I mean, it feels fine to drive, no weird sounds and it goes pretty straight.)

Right now I've replaced the tires with some GMAX AS-05's because they've got a 50k mile warranty and I can't afford to replace my tires very often.
I've also got some Power Stop white box rotors and some Z17 EVOLUTION PLUS CERAMIC DISC BRAKE PADS WITH HARDWARE KITS (boy do I love automotive marketing departments) just chilling in my apartment.
(Anyone know any decent machinists in DFW? I want to get these rotors turned before I actually put them on.)

Decided to start modding because my car had not-infrequent overheating problems over Summer and I'd like to have an accurate temperature readout (because screw the idiot-gauge that comes with the car).
(Anyone else have issues like that? Sure it was 110 out, but also this car is from 2015.)

Planned upgrades to my car include a new radiator, intercooler, and cold air intake because maybe these things will help with the overheating.
Also doing a partial rear seat delete since I have to transport stuff for work and the company vehicles are exactly as fun as you'd expect late 90's Astros to be.
Only a partial delete because I'm too tall for anyone to sit behind me and the middle seat in is only suitable for children and amputees, but I still have to occasionally transport human beings.

Anyway, I hope that you all have a lovely day and nobody wasted their time reading this far.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Congrats and welcome aboard.

Welcome!!! [emoji322][emoji322][emoji322]

I allow myself 3 exclamation points per post.

That interior rust might be due to ask that Texas flooding? Just a thought.

Good luck with the car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmb

Ya, water plays hell on wiring, every nut will have rust on it. Pull a door panel and look for mud on the inside bottom. if its their look in the hatch, then the sunroof? You will find everything you need to know here, even stuff you don't want to know like the spelling nazis. and IF YOU ever get an Amputee in the back I want a picture [no kids I will cry] but all else is good to go.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
And there goes the only exclamation point I'll ever use.

I'm just a filthy millennial trying to get by in Dallas who has a tendency to be a bit long-winded. Bought a 2015 FiST after my '04 Camry got rear-ended and totalled by a bro-truck.
Can't be too upset, though; insurance thought the car was worth several times what I paid for it.

I got my car at 60k miles and not in the best condition, but it's been working well enough for the 6k I've put on it since.

When I bought it the coolant tank was empty; the tires, brake rotors, and battery were OEM; the owner's manual case had everything but the owner's manual; and there's some sort of excessively orange rust on parts of the interior and the steering shaft u-joint. Fun fact, all of these things are useful to note when negotiating price.
(Anyone else find rust on their steering shaft? How concerned should I be? I mean, it feels fine to drive, no weird sounds and it goes pretty straight.)

Right now I've replaced the tires with some GMAX AS-05's because they've got a 50k mile warranty and I can't afford to replace my tires very often.
I've also got some Power Stop white box rotors and some Z17 EVOLUTION PLUS CERAMIC DISC BRAKE PADS WITH HARDWARE KITS (boy do I love automotive marketing departments) just chilling in my apartment.
(Anyone know any decent machinists in DFW? I want to get these rotors turned before I actually put them on.)

Decided to start modding because my car had not-infrequent overheating problems over Summer and I'd like to have an accurate temperature readout (because screw the idiot-gauge that comes with the car).
(Anyone else have issues like that? Sure it was 110 out, but also this car is from 2015.)

Planned upgrades to my car include a new radiator, intercooler, and cold air intake because maybe these things will help with the overheating.
Also doing a partial rear seat delete since I have to transport stuff for work and the company vehicles are exactly as fun as you'd expect late 90's Astros to be.
Only a partial delete because I'm too tall for anyone to sit behind me and the middle seat in is only suitable for children and amputees, but I still have to occasionally transport human beings.

Anyway, I hope that you all have a lovely day and nobody wasted their time reading this far.
Word from the wise....That warranty doesn't include wear...its only will cover ply separation and manufacturer workmanship defects...unless you got a Extra warranty from the tire installer...which doesn't sound like you did......you will maybe get 30k out of them before you need to replace them....if you drive with a lead foot..its even shorter. Id be very concerned if the coolant reservoir was empty due to a possible head issue ...head gasket or leaking system. GET THAT PRESSURE checked today.... not tomorrow as it looks like you have now hit the breaking point of being out of powertrain warranty...which means if the head is bad or head gasket...you're paying for it now NOT ford..unless you were smart and got an after market warranty...again which doesn't seem likely at this point. Maybe you will be lucky with the overheating issue.....and escape a hefty repair bill...But then again check out the search button and see the others that have had the same issue you are having now. Good luck Bud! Hopefully you get to enjoy the FiST!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JFDOOM New Member Introduction 11
A New Member Introduction 5
N New Member Introduction 6