Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hi-Flo Hot side intercooler pipe

So while I was under the car doing an oil change I looked over all the plumbing. The hot side intercooler pipe looks to have a baffle inline which I have no idea why Ford continues to put restrictions on things like this but anyhow not sure if it is a big deal
or not but I see Whoosh has the pipe for $ 60.00. Reading some comments from people that have purchase it I can't get a good read. Some say more sound and maybe a little bit throttle response, others say the factory is fine it fits perfect, others have said doesn't hook up as well as factory etc. So what is your all opinion is it worth it to switch this out or just keep what I have?

Thanks in advance...

Brianmc27

I have the Whoosh one. It fits just fine - I can think of lots and lots of better ways to spend $60, however. I think it adds nothing.

So while I was under the car doing an oil change I looked over all the plumbing. The hot side intercooler pipe looks to have a baffle inline which I have no idea why Ford continues to put restrictions on things like this but anyhow not sure if it is a big deal
or not but I see Whoosh has the pipe for $ 60.00. Reading some comments from people that have purchase it I can't get a good read. Some say more sound and maybe a little bit throttle response, others say the factory is fine it fits perfect, others have said doesn't hook up as well as factory etc. So what is your all opinion is it worth it to switch this out or just keep what I have? Thanks in advance...
I bought a cp-e hotside and am actually going to be returning to OEM here soon. I do not think an aftermarket hotside makes much difference on the stock turbo. On an aftermarket turbo I could see this being more beneficial. Ha, want to buy a used cp-e hotside?

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
or not but I see Whoosh has the pipe for $ 60.00. Reading some comments from people that have purchase it I can't get a good read. Some say more sound and maybe a little bit throttle response, others say the factory is fine it fits perfect, others have said doesn't hook up as well as factory etc. So what is your all opinion is it worth it to switch this out or just keep what I have?

Thanks in advance...
most upgrade the j-pipe when installing an intercooler upgrade. There are no huge power increases from the pipe alone.
Also, when upgrading your boost hoses & clamps we offer our j-pipe FREE with the purchase

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
It does not restrict flow in the way one would think, as the inner diameter never decreases. That enlarged section just gives it a way to jumble the air and eliminate unwanted...sounds/tones, what have you. I bought into the mindset of replacing it with the Whoosh Hot Side J pipe when I installed my IC. I'm not aware of anybody doing any dyno tests with and w/o it. Personally, IMHO, I would not consider it essential for those on a tight budget. YMMV

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
What Mountune says. "Mountune’s engineers optimized lower hot side charge pipe to reduce the pressure drop by an impressive 2.4kPa."

I have the whoosh version of this pipe, and it has been on the car a few years now. I have the original version it was updated down the road to have a better bead roll. You will get a little more turbo noise at higher RPM for the price I say why not.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Brianmc27

What Mountune says. "Mountune’s engineers optimized lower hot side charge pipe to reduce the pressure drop by an impressive 2.4kPa."

I have the whoosh version of this pipe, and it has been on the car a few years now. I have the original version it was updated down the road to have a better bead roll. You will get a little more turbo noise at higher RPM for the price I say why not.

Decision tree -

Do you have $60 lying around?

No? - Don’t buy

Yes - Have you funded a 401k?

No? - Don’t buy

Yes? - Buy

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Decision tree -

No? - Don’t buy

No? - Don’t buy

Yes? - Buy
What's with the negativity?
The man was asking a question I gave him my opinion.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Decision tree -

No? - Don’t buy

No? - Don’t buy

Yes? - Buy
Yes - have you max'd out your Roth IRA for the year?

No? - Don't buy

Yes - How about your HSA?

No? - Don't buy

Yes - maybe buy?

LOL

OP
vmaxbaby
Thread Starter #13
Thank you guys for the info.. I even liked the buy don't buy LOL... the money is not an issue although I am saving for a new GT500 :) so $ 60.00 dollars is $ 60.00 dollars.. I just don't want to buy something if it doesn't have a benefit...and the Shelby is going to cost me a fortune...:(

Brianmc27

Thank you guys for the info.. I even liked the buy don't buy LOL... the money is not an issue although I am saving for a new GT500 :) so $ 60.00 dollars is $ 60.00 dollars.. I just don't want to buy something if it doesn't have a benefit...and the Shelby is going to cost me a fortune...:(
Save it for the Shelby.