Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hi never bought after market wheels!

Waterfan

All things being equal (or more or less equal), go for the lightest wheel that fits your budget. Winner: Assetto Gara, by a country mile.

If you are swapping the OEM tires over, the 17x7 Assetto Gara will be a better fit vs the 17x7.5 Pro Corsa. The OEM tires fit very well on 7" wheels and will be a bit more stretched on the 7.5" Corsa. Winner: Assetto Gara

OEM Wheel specs for reference: 17x7, ET47.5, 63.4mm Hub, 22.5 lbs

Full disclosure: I am so completely biased against heavier wheels I cannot find any reason to recommend the Corsa (I upgraded to 16" wheels for weight savings personally). If you MUST have the 7.5" width, because you want to fit a wider tire (e.g. 215, etc) try to find something lighter.

Recommendation: Assetto Gara. I would not consider Corsa as an option.

Wise of you to ask advice, my very first aftermarket wheels (decades and many cars ago) were too heavy and I regretted it.

OP
jahaziel
Thread Starter #3
All things being equal (or more or less equal), go for the lightest wheel that fits your budget. Winner: Assetto Gara, by a country mile.

If you are swapping the OEM tires over, the 17x7 Assetto Gara will be a better fit vs the 17x7.5 Pro Corsa. The OEM tires fit very well on 7" wheels and will be a bit more stretched on the 7.5" Corsa. Winner: Assetto Gara

OEM Wheel specs for reference: 17x7, ET47.5, 63.4mm Hub, 22.5 lbs

Full disclosure: I am so completely biased against heavier wheels I cannot find any reason to recommend the Corsa (I upgraded to 16" wheels for weight savings personally). If you MUST have the 7.5" width, because you want to fit a wider tire (e.g. 215, etc) try to find something lighter.

Recommendation: Assetto Gara. I would not consider Corsa as an option.

Wise of you to ask advice, my very first aftermarket wheels (decades and many cars ago) were too heavy and I regretted it.
Looks like I'll go with the assetto 17" thank you so much for you're time :)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Yes, if they HAD TO come from the factory with 17s, I WISH they were something like THESE instead of the fugly (to me at least), heavy clunkers we got. :(

THAT looks GREAT!! [thumb]

Zormecteon

Black wheels on black cars are overdone IMHO. Every dog and his brother has black wheels. It's a fad that's about (I think it already has) run its course. Something tasteful in Silver or Grey perhaps? Brightly colored wheels in red/blue/orange/green, another fad that doesn't even look good NOW.

my 2?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Maybe so, as the 'murdered out' look is not for everyone, but they look good to me on any other color car, including the Magnetic I'm waiting on, and show less brake crud than anything else. ;)

It's great! Very light and looks pretty good I'd say. :)

Tires are Bridgestone Potenza RE760 // 205/45-17

Waterfan

Black wheels on black cars are overdone IMHO. Every dog and his brother has black wheels. It's a fad that's about (I think it already has) run its course. Something tasteful in Silver or Grey perhaps? Brightly colored wheels in red/blue/orange/green, another fad that doesn't even look good NOW.

my 2?
Perhaps Nexus prioritized value and weight savings above cosmetics. The Assettos are one of the VERY few lighter (17.9lbs), inexpensive ($143) wheels in 17x7 4x108 with acceptable offset and appear to only be available in black (at least from Tirerack).