High(?)lights from Geneva

Perry

Member ID
The Geneva Auto Show, 2014 version, brought to the public's eye lots of interesting bits of tech, design, and marketing. One way of seeing some of the highlights (and to my eye, the occasional lowlight) comes via CNET here.

One of the cars unveiled at Geneva was the Guigiaro Clipper. Once you start opening doors, it looks like an art-class origami project:

Here's the Top Gear brief on the new McLaren 650S unveiled in Geneva. And of course, there's much, much more.

OP
Perry

Perry

Member ID
Thread Starter #3
And to make those who love the "small-car-go-fast" concept salivate, Audi brought to Geneva the TT Quattro Sport concept.

OP
Perry

Perry

Member ID
Thread Starter #4
And can you believe [video=youtube;3vaXZwjZptE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vaXZwjZptE[/video]? Granted, it's only a concept car, but, . . . should Hyundai ever get close to building something like this and putting it on showroom floors, my view of the company will be forever altered. The car looks like a bowl of peach sherbet got shoved through a Pininfarina production line, which has to do with the fact that the car was designed as a project of Hyundai and an Italian art institute, with said project headed up by Luca Borgogno, Pininfarina's chief designer, according to reports.

OP
Perry

Perry

Member ID
Thread Starter #5

Infiniti continued to tantalize some fans of the Nissan GT-R with its Q50 Eau Rouge concept, also seen at Detroit. It has a modded heart of a GT-R with a more refined style, but it isn't slated for production, it seems, unlike the more-regular Q50S, which has its nice bits, but design-wise failed to make many really sit up.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Member ID
Love the look of the concept TT ..

OP
Perry

Perry

Member ID
Thread Starter #7
Love the look of the concept TT ..
So do I. If they were to put that in production, and I were to find myself suddenly with a bunch of unneeded cash lying about . . . .