Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hit deer again.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #21
I do remember that trick on the mk1 zetec. As for my svtf... Maybe it was done inside the relay. Ill habe to lok for a fog lamp relay. Im betting the bcm has final say on the ST however.

On the F150s you can program them for Bambie mode - that will allow high beams and fog. Not sure if the ST has this in its computer or not.

Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 10.01.40 PM.png

Last edited:
Ouch, sorry to hear. D1JL has posted instructions here on wiring the fogs to always remain on regardless. I used those instructions about 3 years ago and swapped in LED fog bulbs. Still working. Might be worth a shot to try that out. It's easily reversible, too.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Ouch, sorry to hear. D1JL has posted instructions here on wiring the fogs to always remain on regardless. I used those instructions about 3 years ago and swapped in LED fog bulbs. Still working. Might be worth a shot to try that out. It's easily reversible, too.
https://www.google.com/search?q=site:fiestastforum.com+D1JL+fog+lamp
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/how-to-keep-fogs-on-with-high-beams.6929/post-149175

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #26
Its been a long time since ive done wiring like that. Im up for it. ( i wonder if i can make the empty socket useable so the relay just plugs in like normal. Not like i couldnt find a spot out of the fuse box for a relay to sit. Would just have to label it. I can run the wiring out of the symposer hole 🤔

Ill have to look and see if there are pics to follow for sure.

I had some questions when I first did it and pinged @D1JL for help. He sent me a link to a picture of his fuse box. I just checked to see if I could send it to you, but it's an old link now. Perhaps he still has the picture floating around on his HD to post up?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
What, exactly are you looking for?

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #29
The wiring mod for fog lamps using a relay to allow bambi mode. I can wire it up if i have some visual instructions.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Independently Operated Fogs

This is a relatively easy MOD.
The Fog Light Relay is negative triggered.
So a switch to ground (-vdc) is all that you need.

Under normal operation, the fog light switch tells the BCM to turn on the fog lights.
This is done by sending a ground signal to the fog light relay (R11) terminal #2.
So this method turns on the fog light relay (R11) in exactly the same manor.

Just connect a switch from terminal #2 of R11 and the other side of the switch to ground.

I set up my FOGs as DRLs so an extra relay is was required.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
How to wire the FOG lights as DRLs.

It is actually very easy.

Under normal operation, the fog light switch tells the BCM to turn on the fog lights.
This is done by sending a ground signal to the fog light relay (R11) terminal #2.
So this method turns on the fog light relay (R11) in exactly the same manor.

Just buy a Ford relay just like the current fog light relay and a fuse power tap.
You can use terminal connectors but it fits better if you just solder wires to the inside of the relay.
This way everything fits in the relay/fuse block next to the battery.
Remove the relay's plastic cover, it just pops off.
Connect wires to terminals #1, #2, #3, & #5.
If you connect to the inside of this relay you can drill a hole in the plastic top and run the wires out the top.
This will allow you to place the relay into an unused socket with no connections. (Space for R12)
The relay will just sit there and the box cover will keep it from jumping out.

On the new relay, connect terminal #1 to the hot side of fuse # F20 with fuse tap.
On the new relay, connect terminal #2 to ground.
On the new relay, connect terminal #3 to terminal #2 of the car's fog light relay (R11).
On the new relay, connect terminal #5 to ground.

Dave

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #32
So then. My switch wire can be sourced off of the high beam switch to allow all lighting to be active. Seems simple enough. Ill give that a shot once it gets warmer out.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #34
Elaborating on the foglamp mod some more. Is the high beam relay also negative trigger like the fog lamp? If so i could solder my trigger wire into that relay and have a simple jumper harness that is properly fused and relayed. Would that work? I wont be able to play with it till spring. So ive got time to plan the system out.

Alternatively you can do a light bar in front of the car that will give you extra illumination. Or if you want to maintain the factory looks you can try to install projector bi-xenon or bi-led lenses behind your grill for additional lighting power.

Attachments

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #36
Ive got a plan to either get a golf r32 ( i know, older vw. If that falls through i may try to get euro projectors.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I would rather just get a powerful setup of auxiliary lights on a lightbar (the correct ones will be MUCH brighter, with much better 'throw' down the road, and even better side vision to counter the 'sneak attacks' than ANYTHING you could ever put in the headlights anyway [wink]), and a very loud, anti-lag explosive type pop tune to scare away all of the white-tailed car destroyers/heartbreakers, when going through the areas where they number in the thousands per square mile.

There is a reason that rallyists do NOT ever count on their factory position headlights to see what is ahead on the pitch black, out in the middle of the remote woods, night time stages.

Also, any/all of these main headlight conversions are illegal in my state, and we have an annual inspection here.
I am NOT swapping back and forth every year, and having to buy another set of factory lights to do so (since I would have to use my original factory lights for the conversion).

Yes, lightbars might also be illegal as well (I have not checked the local/state laws), but they are VERY easy (and quick) to either remove from outside the grille, or to swap the lights off of for inspection, and re-install immediately after. [wink]

Last edited:
OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #40
No inspections. But light bars are illegal. Maybe some HID fogs might help