Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Honeycomb grill plastic removal

I saw posts of people on here sanding it down to so all the holes are open, but are you guys poping the grill out or are you sanding it down attached to the front bumper? I see it attached by clips but I couldn't get it to budge when I had my bumper off.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
If you are using the stock bumper beam I would just open up 2 or 3 rows, not the whole thing.

I did this quite some time ago, all rows, do not recall how I got the grill out but it seems it was a but tricky but not to hard once I figured out the first clip.

OP
S
Thread Starter #4
If you are using the stock bumper beam I would just open up 2 or 3 rows, not the whole thing.

I did this quite some time ago, all rows, do not recall how I got the grill out but it seems it was a but tricky but not to hard once I figured out the first clip.
I have the DHM race intercooler and crash bar so was looking to open it all the way up...Looks like I'll be sanding it down attached to the bumper. Will prob make it a project for the spring then.

Thanks guys!

Can someone explain why they didn't leave all the holes open in the first place? I assumed it was to protect the sensors in the front.

koozy

3000 Post Club
because right behind it is the bumper beam. it's to cover the view of the bumper beam which would be seen in various colors closely resembling the color of the car.

Chuckable

And on the OEM set-up the beam which holds the SRS impact sensors sits in nearly the same plane as the filled portion of the grille. So, opening up the whole grille on an OEM FiST allows the extra air to hit that beam. I'm not an expert on aerodynamics, but still don't see much use in opening up the entire grille on an OEM setup. If you've got a aftermarket crash bar like OP, go for it [wrenchin]

...but still don't see much use in opening up the entire grille on an OEM setup. If you've got a aftermarket crash bar like OP, go for it [wrenchin]

Even overlooking the fact that the crash bar becomes visible, I see a negative and a positive.
Negative - vehicle aerodynamics takes a very minor hit
Positive - more cooling of the radiator and in turn reducing overall engine and (open element) intake temps