Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hoonigan vs Fatlace at Irwindale Speedway July 6th

OP
Booster
Thread Starter #2
Also it’s a test and tune day at the drag strip. I don’t plan on running, just going as a spectator.

OP
Booster
Thread Starter #3
No one else is going out to see smoky RWD burnouts and RWB porsches? Supposedly this is one of the biggest car shows of the year. I wouldn't know. Anyways I'm just going to get some inspiration and see what the scene is all about.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I'm going. I'll stop by and say hi.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Hmm had friends that worked for Fatlace from the drift scene. Somehow this is like anticlimatic compared to the D1 events we used to go to. Also not sure about the crowd thats gonna show. If it was a Rallycross I might be hmm or a full on Drift event. Though this seems to be some strange lets mash two things together and see what happens lol. Not sure about that.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
How’s your boat treating you?
It's ok.
I'm still kind getting used to it. The car is capable but does not communicate like my fist did. I'm sure after some more suspension mods I'll be happier.
Your build is sick btw. I loved the mountune motor I built for my fist.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It's ok.
I'm still kind getting used to it. The car is capable but does not communicate like my fist did. I'm sure after some more suspension mods I'll be happier.
Your build is sick btw. I loved the mountune motor I built for my fist.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
More mods and we’re almost there! You put forged internals in ya? No Mountune short block available back then?

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
so what is the event about , drifting? burnouts? rallycross? drag racing?
The main focus is on the cars sorta drifting and performing mad skeedz in the burnyard. There were cars on the 1/8th mile as well. I guess show cars were welcome as well.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
A young guy in a nice silver First came by and said Hi, I didn't catch his name... I thought he was "Booster".

OP
Booster
Thread Starter #15
It was all about burnouts at the burnyard. There was a great show right off the bat w the RX-7 and the Silvia side by side. It’s a small area so it’s more like drift practice. A dude in a Tesla w a hacked off roof made half a turn straight into the barrier and destroyed his rear suspension, wheel, rotor, everything.

Then of course the car show was happening. There were some nice GT-Rs, a couple VIP style, an amazing 300SL gullwing w modern AMG power. Not that many cars actually. Just as we were walking in like 3pm I saw 3 Porsches driving out. It was really 90% hoonigan 10% Fatlace from my perspective but yeah they were both selling tee shirts and whatnot.

@RubenZZZ I saw your car but you weren’t there. I just parked in the lot since my car isn’t showy. What do you do to park in the show area, slide the parking guy an extra $10?

Anyways it was a good time. Never seen anything like it before. I caught some fast passes at the drag strip - a vintage dragster did 4.6 1/8 mile. It was hot AF so we left before the later “pro” smokeshow.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
As I stopped to pay for my entrance, the guy radioed somebody and then he gave me a red pass and told me to turn left... Yellow tint and orange wheels means show car??! LOL