Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Horn Faint Chirping / No Alarm Lock Single Honk

xxiaze

So I recently pulled apart my front end and removed the horn in the process... maybe not related to my concern but it’s the obvious first note. After disassembly of vehicle and reinstallation the horn doesn’t single honk when locked with key fob. Also, today while doing some maintenance I had the passenger side headlight out servicing my catch can and the car was chirping faintly from the horn. No full blast or toot, just a slight breath through the horn and tiny single little burst aprox every 3-5min.

I checked to see if the horn functioned normally from steering wheel operation and it does....

Thoughts?

EDIT** My car used to only honk 1x on key fob lock.

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Mine has always been a single....there must be a way to double honk vs, single honk.

Mine has always been a single....there must be a way to double honk vs, single honk.
While factory is a single honk, there is a way to do a double honk. Just leave a door/hood/or trunk open lol.

As for OP, definitely odd. I'd say check grounds and for a short to power, *possibly* pinched wire from assembly. Aside from that, hard to say without having hands-on with it.

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #4
My bad you’re right only used to honk once

While factory is a single honk, there is a way to do a double honk. Just leave a door/hood/or trunk open lol.

As for OP, definitely odd. I'd say check grounds and for a short to power, *possibly* pinched wire from assembly. Aside from that, hard to say without having hands-on with it.
it also rained that next day... and I also washed it that evening... hmm... I think grounds are a likely source.

This morning it now functions properly. I think water was stuck behind a ground somewhere. Will need to recheck chassis grounds around horn etc. will look later. Weird stuff