Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How does one best go about cleaning/keeping clean/detailing engine bay?

Perry

I believe the basics are these:

1. Cover up important electrical bits and any openings for the air intake. Plastic bags, old shower caps, plastic cling wrap, and masking tape come in handy for this.

2. Gently spray engine bay and contents with water.

3. Spray entire engine bay and contents with engine degreaser. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.

4. Gently spray engine bay and contents with water. Let dry.

5. Apply engine detailer finish (choosing one safe for paints, plastics, etc.)

Am I missing anything? Any tips or tricks for efficiency, ease, etc.?

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Try a leaf blower after the rinse, it will save you some time of having to wait for it to dry. An old wash mitt is also great to use for cleaning engines.

Good list; I would suggest first getting the engine warmped up. Then do the above procedure once the engine is still warm but not hot. A good test would be to touch the engine and if you can put your hand on it comfortably then that should be fine. When you have done the above cleaning procedure start the engine back up egain to warm it up and help dry those hard to reach areas.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
I always ran it to temperature then sprayed it with water, dried, then sprayed the hell out of everything with armor all. Let it sit for like 5 min, then wipe off. Keeps it looking brand new for a good long while.