Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How does the car calculate the overboost time?

I know the basics of how it works,
But, how does the engine determine to cut the overboost? (by temperature? by an x amount of seconds? by throttle position???)

I'd like to know if the overboost can be manipulated (by eg: a better intercooler, or different throttle position, different rev range acceleration?), and/or if the overboost is negatively affected with a stage 3 kit with larger (more HP) turbo?

How does it work?

But, how does the engine determine to cut the overboost? (by temperature? by an x amount of seconds? by throttle position???)

I'd like to know if the overboost can be manipulated (by eg: a better intercooler, or different throttle position, different rev range acceleration?), and/or if the overboost is negatively affected with a stage 3 kit with larger (more HP) turbo?

How does it work?
Maybe if someone on here is a ford engineer they can chime in[ridinghorse]

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account

How does it work?
"Overboost" is cut after ~ 20 seconds of WOT. You can reset the 20 second timer just but backing off of WOT for a fraction of a second. There's no magic to it and a tune will wipe it out.

Google is your friend.

OP
M
Thread Starter #5
I hardly ever use it at WOT, but just in case I do, thanks for the explanation.

Ford Community Posts