Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How good is the FiST???

Well gang, as some of you know my son bought a FiST a little over a week ago. He is an active duty marine and traded his 2013 V6 Stang in on it at our local ford dealer. I helped him with the entire process and did all the negotiating as he is stationed in NC. During the test drive I was very impressed with how good the car was for the money. It literally felt like I had found the actual car from Mario Kart...lol...which isnt a bad thing! I have been able to drive it daily for the last week as he is back in NC and not picking it up until late next week. I decided to lightly mod it (with this forums awesome help) as a gift for him. It now has BOV, cobb drop in filter, cobb RMM and a dizzy tune.

My daily driver is a mid 10 second 2018 E63 AMG S with Renntech tune. My weekend perfect weather car is a 2016 AMG GTS also with stage 1 renntech tune.

The weather has been pretty decent the last week or so, some rain but for the most part great boost weather (cool and dry). I gotta be honest, I have been reaching for the keys of the FiST every single time. Thats how much fun I am having with it. Thats how good of a car it is!!!

Just thought I would share this with everyone. It's such a riot to drive every single time. I would have killed to have this car in mid 90's when I was in high school! ha! gtsss.jpg FistE63.jpg

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Ya there are number of us here who either own older formerly more expensive cars or could own more expensive cars yet we own FiST’s.
I own a M3 and prefer driving the FiST on a regular basis. The only thing I am missing from the M3 is the amount of torque it has and the RWD. Yet the FiST is so much more nimble and goes eagerly like an excited puppy. Its like ya lets take this corner come on come on. Lets drive like we are 16 years old ( seriously friend riding in my car one night said that) I just laughed it just brings out the spirited driving in you.

Last edited:
All I know is that the two best cars I've driven, an '86 Porsche 944 Turbo (my dad's) and a '16 Porsche Cayman (a friend's), were not more fun to drive than the FiST. Sure, they were faster, more luxurious, better touring cars, and had more status value, but both felt heavier and less wieldy on twisty roads, and had power that was harder to fully access in normal driving. The stealthiness of a Magnetic FiST is a big part of fun--"what was that little grey thing that just blew by me and disappeared?"--whereas you don't surprise anyone when driving a flashy Porsche.

Well gang, as some of you know my son bought a FiST a little over a week ago. He is an active duty marine and traded his 2013 V6 Stang in on it at our local ford dealer. I helped him with the entire process and did all the negotiating as he is stationed in NC. During the test drive I was very impressed with how good the car was for the money. It literally felt like I had found the actual car from Mario Kart...lol...which isnt a bad thing! I have been able to drive it daily for the last week as he is back in NC and not picking it up until late next week. I decided to lightly mod it (with this forums awesome help) as a gift for him. It now has BOV, cobb drop in filter, cobb RMM and a dizzy tune.

My daily driver is a mid 10 second 2018 E63 AMG S with Renntech tune. My weekend perfect weather car is a 2016 AMG GTS also with stage 1 renntech tune.

The weather has been pretty decent the last week or so, some rain but for the most part great boost weather (cool and dry). I gotta be honest, I have been reaching for the keys of the FiST every single time. Thats how much fun I am having with it. Thats how good of a car it is!!!

Just thought I would share this with everyone. It's such a riot to drive every single time. I would have killed to have this car in mid 90's when I was in high school! ha! View attachment 23458 View attachment 23459
It's so good that few people bought it when

Just thought I would share this with everyone. It's such a riot to drive every single time. I would have killed to have this car in mid 90's when I was in high school! ha! View attachment 23458 View attachment 23459
It's so good that very few people bought them when the motoring media was singing it's praises from every website and magazine! And then Ford decided that it was so great they simply had to stop building them!

I bought my FiST after watching and reading many different reviews from a lot of the well-respected motor journalists. Pretty much every one of them have all given it high praise for it's fun factor and nimbleness around the track. When I finally took one out for a test drive, I hadn't even made it a mile down the road and already knew it was going home with me. It's everything you could ask for in a pocket rocket. There are days when I have trouble choosing between my Z and my FiST as they both have their own unique characteristics that make them so much fun to drive.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I bought my FiST after watching and reading many different reviews from a lot of the well-respected motor journalists.
I followed a similar path to getting mine. When I first heard about the car I didn't take it seriously, but seeing all the fantastic reviews from all these automotive sources that I had relied on through the years made me start thinking seriously about it.
The car is a lot more fun to drive than many cars that are much more expensive and better known. I had an E90 M3 before, and of course it was more powerful, and the interior was much nicer. I like the FiST more in every other way, it's much more nimble and fun to drive.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Went out on the Blue Ridge Parkway two weekends ago with a ‘19 GT350R, M Coupe, and E93 M3. No one was having as much fun as I was in the turns, and except for the 350R, I could lose them in the turns pretty easily. Hands down the most fun car I’ve ever had.
You gotta try an Abarth! It feels like a FiST, with the added fun of being so tall you feel like you're going to fall out the window in turns :p

@polyphonic

Nice cars!

You might want to reconsider oil choice... There are a lot of better options that Mobile 1.
Thanks! I've tried several different brands over the last 20 years including Redline, Amsoil, Royal Purple, and a few others that I can't remember the names of. Honestly I've never really been able to tell much difference between any of them. I'm sure some there are advantages to using one over the other but for my type of driving, I really don't think it is enough of a difference to care. Besides that, Mobil 1 is recommended by numerous auto manufacturers. Not only that but the Corvettes and Porsches come with Mobil 1 from the factory so it must be at least somewhat decent :)

The Fiesta ST is good enough that I believe it will be among the listed cars in a magazine article titled "Cars we want in our garage as the autonomous vehicle era takes over! " The Fiesta ST is every bit as worthy of a parking spot in my garage as my 69 mach one or the modern v8 Mustang I plan to purchase in the near future.