Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How many miles do you get out of a set of front tyres?

White

I drive a MK7 Fiesta zetec s 1.6 petrol with 205/40/17 tyres.

I only seem to get around 12,000 - 14,000 miles out of two new front tyres.

I’m curious if other people are getting more miles out of there tyres? Maybe I should look into hard compound tyres.

There's no such thing as front tires on our car as the 4 have the same size. You must swap them front to back to let them wear evenly. I do swap them every 5000 km. I got 25 000km from the OE Bridgestone.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I got about 8,800 miles out of the original equipment Bridgestone Potenzas and about 14,000 miles out of the Firestone Indy 500s which replaced them. This was street driving, pushing it hard when I can, no tracking.I checked the tire pressures every 3 or 4 weeks, and also rotate my tires about every 4,000 mi as @Alkoran said above.
I'm satisfied with that amount of mileage, given that these are soft compound summer tires which have a higher level of grip. I wouldn't want to get harder compound tires and lose the grip and good handling just to get some more mileage out of them. On the ST version, I feel like that would just defeat the purpose of the car.

Last edited:

Sam4

same as the rears. If you get more than 24K on ST tires, they're worn and belts have separated. Aint no 50K "mastertread-goolybongs" from China.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I get about 20,000 per set using town and spirited freeway driving. Haven't done a canyon run for a while nor a track day. Am impressed with the Lionhart tyres in the wet here in LA, no sliding and no drama!