Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How many would like for us to have a Fiesta of The Month?

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I was thinking we should have some kind of Fiesta of the Month to feature all the great work everyone is doing to their cars. Let me know what you guys think.

I think it may be a good idea. Maybe start with fiesta of the year 2013 and then monthly? not sure if we have enough people just yet for a monthly but I'm open to the idea. Not like I would ever win but I think some guys put a lot of money and work in to their cars and it would be nice.

Highlighting a car a month would be interesting IF picking one can be done without discouraging our members. Over the years, I have been a certified judge for 2 national antique car clubs and a national car club that features both antique and muscle cars. So, I can attest to the difficulty in picking a "winner" while avoiding upsetting club members because their car didn't "win". I eventually decided it was not possible to avoid those conflicts which always seemed to discourage participation by the "average Joe". Maybe as an alternative, a separate section of the forum could be created for members to "show off" their ST's and highlight any mod's or special features that sets their cars apart from a "stock" ST? Please feel free to expand on this idea to make more than just the routine photo gallery. For example, on a monthly or quarterly basis (period could be changed based on level of participation) the members could be surveyed about the cars "entered" in the section based criteria like the best paint scheme, wheels, interior changes, performance mod's (could differentiate between engine, suspension, lighting, etc.) and audio improvements. As a result, there might be more than "one winner"...other thoughts?

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #4
Great feedback guys.

I love the idea of changing the base level as the level of participation increases. We can start off really low since all our cars are really new, in time we can definitely increase the threshold or even do different themes.

NorthernProducer would you be interested in working with me on this contest? I was thinking of perhaps making a special decal for those who won the contest to entice more participation.

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #6
Perfect, ok let me come up with some basic rules and I will PM you. Then we can iron everything out.[cheers]

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Maybe we could have some kind of useful tips thread, showing a easier way of doing general repairs or what ever members have discovered.
Example.

Your removing the air filter housing and cursing Ford because of the location of that Torx bolt.
Torx bolt 2.jpg

Remove the bonnet support by twisting and pulling upwards to gain easier access.
Torx bolt..jpg

What do people think, good, reasonable, crap?

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #9
Maybe we could have some kind of useful tips thread, showing a easier way of doing general repairs or what ever members have discovered.
Example.

What do people think, good, reasonable, crap?
I like that. You mean have like some sort of master thread where we can link all our write-ups in one place? You want to take charge of that Sekred?[^]

These ideas are great! Thoughts on adding a Kudos section for recognizing members contributions to the site/community? Example: Thank you soandso for organizing a regional meet up, or kudos to rodmoe for the awesome tracking info!