Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How the Fiesta ST made me feel okay about selling the corvette.... AUTOCROSS!

Hi guys,

New member in the high desert of California. Almost 6 months ago my daughter was born and it was time for me to sell the Corvette as I personally couldnt justify having it sit in my garage as I found I was helping out with picking up our daughter from daycare more often than we thought after my wife got promoted. Needless to say, I am a happy man now.

I went from this.

To this.

And after today's autocross, I don't really care. I had a BLAST! I've never owned a front wheel drive car before but I had so much damn fun. I live in a fairly rural area of California and most people didn't know there was an ST version of the fiesta. Well, after half the day had gone by, people were asking me "what that hell is that?!? That car is QUICK!" I had some good runs and earned a lot of respect for the silver egg. We had roughly 30 cars and my times were good enough to have random strangers give me a thumbs up and "nice driving" after seeing the times. from my run.

[video=youtube_share;2D_ZXPkH3tQ]http://youtu.be/2D_ZXPkH3tQ[/video]

I had a bit of buyers remorse before today, the ride is fairly stiff for day to day driving, but it pretty much made up for it based on today's performance.

I too had a c5 vette, and now a fiesta, and I like the fiesta alot better. I miss the Glass roof, and just the general coolness of a vette, but i can take a corner 3x as fast in the fiesta and could probably beat it in a straight line

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Welcome Aboard.

Dave

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Welcome!

I've owned a few new Vettes (as a daily driver) in my younger days and I can tell you I'm having far more fun with the FiST....Seriously... As nice as my Vettes were to drive particularly on the Freeways I rarely found the opportunity drive them to their full potential when used as a daily driver ....The FiST feels far more nimble, spirited, and fun when using as a daily driver and gives one the impression your going much faster than you really are!

OP
Brick
Thread Starter #10
Thanks for the warm welcome. I agree with you previous corvette owners. I rarely got a chance to go 9/10 or 10/10s without fear of a ridiculous ticket in the Corvette. I only got to regularly do that at the track, and that wasn't as often as I would like. The Fiesta ST is pretty fun to tool around in for daily duty. This weekend's autocross just put me over the moon with my decision to buy this car. Holy hell, it really does perform as well as the reviews say.

The results were just posted for the autocross last night and I was the fastest street car. HAHAHAHAH, I never expected that. A lot of it is driver, but I was faster than my friends in modified Mitsubishi evos and an s2000 that were in different classes and looked like they were hauling ass! I wonder what the fiesta st looked like setting the fastest time. [raceflag]

So glad to hear that your enjoying the car, as most of us have come from other sports cars and I can agree that the ST is most fun daily I have ever purchased. Great job with the track times I'm sure your friends were a little jealous of your times haha