Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How to get more power out of my Fiesta?

Hey everyone! My FiST is just an intercooler away from full bolt ons, and I currently have a stratified tune. Once I get that I want to get another tune to hopefully get some more power out of my car. I’m thinking of going with the Cobb stage 3 at first, but if anyone else has any suggestions for some aftermarket tunes that would be better I’d like to hear them. I would also miss the crackles from stratified so if their pro tune is worth it or if another company offers it then that would be preferred. Lastly, I would like to stay on pump gas because there’s not many fuel options near me. If anyone has any suggestions or horsepower numbers I’d love to hear them. Thanks.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm very happy with Tunewerks. I got the "conservative" tune. Randy did several revisions while I looked for good 93. It rips.
That said, your tuner already knows you, and has a good rep. He'll do you right.

At full bolt ons, not much power is left aside from e85 and a turbo. Have you considered upgrading the snail? Do you have any specific power goals in mind?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
At full bolt ons, not much power is left aside from e85 and a turbo. Have you considered upgrading the snail? Do you have any specific power goals in mind?

Pretty much this.

I need to redo my 91 tune as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
G
Thread Starter #10

Hmm thats a little disappointing. I’m not great with doing mods myself, so I don’t think that’s something I wanna tackle myself, let alone the price is way out of my budget for the next few years while I’m in school. My accessport says around 227 hp when I use the hp gauge rn, and I doubt thats very accurate but based on that I think 250 is where I’d like to be (not whp obviously.) I’ll look more into other fuel options though and see if I can make it work. Would I have to do any other mods to use a different fuel type?

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hmm thats a little disappointing. I’m not great with doing mods myself, so I don’t think that’s something I wanna tackle myself, let alone the price is way out of my budget for the next few years while I’m in school. My accessport says around 227 hp when I use the hp gauge rn, and I doubt thats very accurate but based on that I think 250 is where I’d like to be (not whp obviously.) I’ll look more into other fuel options though and see if I can make it work. Would I have to do any other mods to use a different fuel type?
You need different tunes for different fuel types. A good tuner (and that's impressive power in this heat) can do any E-whatever tune, and give you a 91/93 on top of that.
Add-on intake stuff DOES give you gains. Just not a lot. Even with the stock turbo, it helps. Looks cool, too.

Attachments

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Update: Theres no way I could make it work. There are barely any near me, so unless I could also fill up on 93 when needed, it’s not practical for me at all.
Just do a 93 tune with your existing stuff.
If, for some reason, you have to use regular, just go to the Cobb 0 tune. That's supposed to mimic stock, and you'll be fine.