Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Husky Weatherbeater molded floor liner #98751

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
With winter coming I decided the Ford ST All weather floor liner would likely not hold up to the snow and salt that I will trek into the vehicle. Especially since they don't go very far under the pedals or cover the dead pedal. With suggestion from [MENTION=633]alf45[/MENTION] I decided to buy the Husky Weatherbeater molded floor liners part #98751.

Good Canadian website with free shipping via Fedex:
http://www.partsengine.ca/p-54327-husky-liners-weatherbeater-floor-liners-black.aspx

US:
http://www.amazon.com/Husky-Liners-Custom-WeatherBeater-Molded/dp/B004M23CW0

Oh no it covers the [MENTION=678]no-pistons[/MENTION] dead pedal

IMG-20151021-00344.jpg

Fear not the contour of the mats are so well measured and they completely cover the dead pedal area that I was able to reapply the dead pedal to the liner itself with the two sided tape. The dead pedal sits about 1/8" from the drop off so there will not be any issues catching it on my boots.
IMG-20151021-00345.jpg

IMG-20151021-00346.jpg

Now the back due to the center console needs a little more work. The instructions suggests to cut the mat, but I did not want to. So I decided to unbolt the arm rest by removing the two(2) 7mm screws and lifting the back edge of it. With 2 people, one holding the armrest up the other can slide the one peice rear in place. Press down on the armrest/cup holder to see the screw mounts and tighten everything back. Looks like it was meant to be.
IMG-20151021-00348.jpg

IMG-20151021-00349.jpg

IMG-20151021-00347.jpg

Observations:
They reach all the way up to the pedal mounts, cover the deadpedal perfectly and form fit the other areas very well. However these are not for everyone especially if you don't have mud or muck or snow/salt to deal with. The regular weather mats do the trick. These are a little slippery being more plasticy than the Ford mats but they cover everything I deem important with a large enough lip to handle a lot of dirt. The spikes under them A-hurt, B-keep the mat from moving at all. They also have a no holds barred lifetime warranty which may be interesting for some folks. I would definitely recommend them if you need the extra protection. Now I was going the keep these only for winter but I may keep them year round seeing the dead pedal fits well. Keep an eye in the for sale section...

I did cut the center rear section . Found it useful if you want to remove them to wash it or empty it. But I did put the center section Too by cutting the spike and slide it underneath the console. I envy yours mine dont have the White lettering .

They look great for about a 2 weeks. Mine have warped where it meets up to the carpet by the seats I olé to Husky and they said that's normal. In my opinion the Weathertech ones are way better quality.

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
They look great for about a 2 weeks. Mine have warped where it meets up to the carpet by the seats I olé to Husky and they said that's normal. In my opinion the Weathertech ones are way better quality.
As of this morning 3 weeks after install and driven daily for a few hours mine do not have the aforementioned deformation. They are still nice and flush.

What's the color of your FiST? Brown??
Molten orange. Picture taken with low quality cell phone.

How much are the weathertech vs. The huskys?
http://www.amazon.com/Husky-Liners-...8&qid=1447418475&sr=8-4&keywords=fiesta+husky

http://www.amazon.com/WeatherTech-4...1447418460&sr=8-1&keywords=fiesta+weathertech
http://www.amazon.com/WeatherTech-4...5:ford:fiesta&keywords=fiesta+weathertech+tan

Depending on where and when you look the the weathertech are usually cheaper. They are also available as front only with a few colour options. The husky as more coverage up behind the peddles and up along the seats and edge. I see almost no risk that snow/salt will hit the carpet. Which is the reason I like them and got them. That said they are a more hard plastic type matt than a soft rubber style mats available from Ford or other suppliers.

I might have to give these a try. My last few experiences with weathertech have not been good.

JBO

God I wish I could buy a set of these for right hand drive…haven't been able to find anything...[}(]

With winter coming I decided the Ford ST All weather floor liner would likely not hold up to the snow and salt that I will trek into the vehicle. Especially since they don't go very far under the pedals or cover the dead pedal. With suggestion from [MENTION=633]alf45[/MENTION] I decided to buy the Husky Weatherbeater molded floor liners part #98751.

US:
http://www.amazon.com/Husky-Liners-Custom-WeatherBeater-Molded/dp/B004M23CW0

Oh no it covers the [MENTION=678]no-pistons[/MENTION] dead pedal

View attachment 7298

Fear not the contour of the mats are so well measured and they completely cover the dead pedal area that I was able to reapply the dead pedal to the liner itself with the two sided tape. The dead pedal sits about 1/8" from the drop off so there will not be any issues catching it on my boots.
View attachment 7299

View attachment 7300
Which dead pedal is that? I'm going with the Husky mats too!

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #15
OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #17
Thank you! I've been looking for a while plus I was eyeing the Husky mats...after seeing yours, I'm in! Thanks again!
If you are planning to glue/adhere the deadpedal to the mat clean well the mat with alcohol and scuff the area. Heat will also help adhere better.

I like WeatherTech stuff in general, but as someone mentioned above, they can warp over time and lose that "perfect" fit. I've seen it happen with the cargo mat in my in-laws' car.

Personally, I just installed a set of these, from Ford Accessories:

http://accessories.ford.com/catalog...s-all-weather-black-4-piece-set/category/152/

They look really good, and although they don't have the deep well design of the WeatherTech type mats, the ST logo makes up for it. :)

FieSTA Blanca