Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

HVAC Vents Not Switching

SrsBsns

I recently found out that my HVAC controls are not actually switching the vents... well at least not fully.

When it's warm, which is 90% of the time, I either have the windows down or the AC blowing through the face vents.

With the recent "cold" weather and the rain, I've been needing to use the defroster and the heat. However, when I switch the vents from the face vents to the defrost setting, I still feel the air coming through the face vents (although the windshield will defog). If I also turn on the vents for the feet, the windshield fogs up (even though the defrost option is still selected, and I still feel air coming through the face vents. I also don't feel air coming down into the footwell.

I'm not getting the CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK of death from the BDA's and both the driver's and passenger side motors have been recently replaced so I assume they're working.

Is there a way for me to verify that the motors are working, or is there something else for me to look into?

Mine seems like it gets "confused" sometimes as well. I don't know if it's a fluke, but it seems everytime I disconnect the battery to work on the stereo, etc. it seems to reset and work better afterwards.
Might be worth a shot at least

OP
SrsBsns

SrsBsns

Thread Starter #3
That's so strange. I'll give that a shot tonight and see how it goes.

OP
SrsBsns

SrsBsns

Thread Starter #4
So to update this (based on time, you can tell that it's probably not a huge issue for me...)...

I've tried resetting the battery. I flashed the car back to the stock tune. I've checked any HVAC related fuses. I have replaced the two blend door motors.

The HVAC is still only blowing through the face vents regardless of what is selected (feet, defrost, etc...)

Any ideas on what to check next?

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
I've heard of the blend door itself breaking but am not sure how you would check it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
SrsBsns

SrsBsns

Thread Starter #6
I've heard of the blend door itself breaking but am not sure how you would check it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
At this point, that's what I'm thinking.

Does anyone know where to find more information on this? Is this something that would require me to take the dash off to find/fix?

Is there a way for me to verify that the motors are working, or is there something else for me to look into?
You can try taking them both out and then power on the car and use the hvac controls to switch between area settings.

DEss

OP
SrsBsns

SrsBsns

Thread Starter #8
You can try taking them both out and then power on the car and use the hvac controls to switch between area settings.

DEss
Both door blend motors are new. They should be working fine.