Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I beat Motortrend’s FiST lap time

Hey guys,

No clickbait here. Just wanted to post my lap with commentary from WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca. And yes I did beat Randy Pobst’s time of 1:51.25 w/the same car & track conditions. The only difference was tires which is probably the reason for a 2 second spread, but I’m still proud to have matched Motortrends hotlap time if that’s the case.

My PB from that day was a 1:49.2 and the lap shown in that video is a 1:50.5. My PB was not featured in the video because of audio issues but the link to the video is the description of this video. Does anyone know of a FiST beating a laptime of 1:49.2 at WRLS? If not I’m going to claim the lap record and give myself a big pat on the back for beating all the highly moded Fiestas on youtube in my stock unit.

View: https://youtu.be/KOFLXJthr4g

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow nice! The fiesta is such a capable car for what it is. I see an accessport in that video, are you running stock tune?

OP
benvid
Thread Starter #4
Wow nice! The fiesta is such a capable car for what it is. I see an accessport in that video, are you running stock tune?
The description of the video has all the specs on my car and track conditions but I have ran the stage 1 91 octane tune which isn’t really much of a change anyway, but currently I am on the stock tune for now to try and help with heat management on the track since I still have stock rad and intercooler.

Congrats!

What tire size? RE-71R isn't offered in stock size so I'm guessing 205/45 since you mention you're running stock width?

OP
benvid
Thread Starter #6
Congrats!

What tire size? RE-71R isn't offered in stock size so I'm guessing 205/45 since you mention you're running stock width?
I’m on a 205/50/16, the car came with 16” aftermarket wheels so I had to adapt to what I had. Still looking for a stock set of wheels in my area, who know maybe I’ll go try and beat the time with the exact tire Randy had to see how close I really was

Congrats! I wish we had a thread with lap times. I’ve got a few I want to compare to others but can’t find any posted anywhere.

If I can move back out to California I would love to track on Laguna Seca. It looks like a fun track.

OP
benvid
Thread Starter #9
Congrats! I wish we had a thread with lap times. I’ve got a few I want to compare to others but can’t find any posted anywhere.

If I can move back out to California I would love to track on Laguna Seca. It looks like a fun track.
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe we should make a thread for lap times? I saw one for quarter mile but I’m not a huge fan IMG_7299.jpg

OP
benvid
Thread Starter #10
This is awesome! I love seeing videos like this showing what a FiST can do on a track.
Great to hear, I’ll be at Sonoma this weekend. I’ll try and shoot more, hopefully I have better audio this time! If I make it to 1000 subs on my YouTube channel it’ll be a little easier to shoot these more often