Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I don't understand how the Ford Fiesta ST's years differ.

rony2011

Hello, I've been browsing around for a while and am considering buying my first automobile. I know nothing about cars other than how to drive them. The Ford Fiesta ST is highly recommended by many youtubers, however I'm not sure which year to acquire. Do they differ in any way from one another? Which one do you think was the finest year? I have choices from 2005 through 2009.

Last edited:

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Hello, and welcome to the forum.Here is my thread on changes to the Fiesta ST through the years-
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...-improvements-to-fist-through-the-years.9186/

This covers the model which was available in the US from 2014 through 2019.That one is sometimes called the Mk. VII, and I would recommend buying one from 2016 on, primarily because a cylinder head issue seems to have been fixed. There is a newer model which is available in Europe, but it was not brought over to the US.
You are referring to an earlier set of years, I am not familiar with those, I wasn't aware that there was a Fiesta ST during that time.

Last edited:

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hello, I've been browsing around for a while and am considering buying my first automobile. I know nothing about cars other than how to drive them. The Ford Fiesta ST is highly recommended by many youtubers, however I'm not sure which year to acquire. Do they differ in any way from one another? Which one do you think was the finest year? I have choices from 2005 through 2009.
Most of us are from the United States and Ford only gave us the Fiesta ST between 2014 and 2019 sadly. So our knowledge on anything from pre 2014 will be somewhat limited. Hopefully, some Europeans can chime in with advice.