Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I know we have given the Jag injectors the green light but what about a cheaper HPFP?

llerrob

I have been doing a bit of reading on alternatives for our injectors and HPFP. From what I have read the Jag fuel injectors perform basically the same as the Bosch injectors, however the Jag pump cannot handle the flow needed. I have not been able to really find much on any uprated fuel pump other than the XDI. I found a few on ebay that claim to be sufficient such as this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2335069368...lEV9770tjDeAF2WuB6O5ROKqPAHx|tkp:BFBM1LXp0tdg.

Does anyone have any experience with a pump like this or is it a lost cause?

Erick_V

I commented on the injector thread about the possibility of swapping the internals like this versus the entire pump ($400 vs the $1400 XDI unit). It was the first mod needed to make power in the MS3/6 community and took an hour or so to do. Bumped the fuel pressure up and gave you the fueling you needed. If you maxed that pump out you were making enough power to bend rods, around ~400whp IIRC. Which would suffice for us. If someome made these internals it would be easy money for them because they would be the only person to have them. The first and biggest challenge is finding someone to do it and if something like that would work for us. Not even sure if the HPFP can be dissasembled like the MS3/6 one.

Well the Jag HPFP is not a good alternative to the xdi HPFP. It will flow great(2900 psi) up to 4k/5k rpm. Above 5k it will drop pressure around/below 2000 psi. I've looked at my OEM HPFP and it's completely sealed so the option of changing the internals is not an option. What other ideas can the community come up with? I'll gladly be a test bench for any HPFP ideas.