Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I think that I am in trouble.

NotGnu

U.S. Navy Veteran
I started a new thread as my last one got hijacked by others into a side topic of selling a transmission.
I bought a highly tuned FIST 2/24.
Check engine light came on first day. Misfire codes.
They weren't hard codes, so I would just coast until they went away.
Then about a couple weeks ago, I started getting this hard P1299 code.
I can hit the hazard lights w/o looking now.
I was in contact w/ the dealer. They kept blowing me off.
I took it to the closest Ford dealership.
They informed me that they might have to reset the ECU and I would lose any mods to it.
I paid $200 for a zip tie and a diagnostic.
Tech didn't reset the ECU as he said this 100% has an ECU mod and he didn't want to make it worse.
They showed me what they did. I lost a clip off of a tuner intake charger hose thing-a-ma-jig.
They charged me $200 and just put a zip tie on it.
I was happy as heck to get the car back.
I had only owned it for a month.
This car was too fun.
Then the P1299 happened.
And that is when hell happened.
to be cont when I am sober and aren't crying....

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
I don't see a question here. Post a picture of the thing you are talking about and maybe someone can help. That code will almost always stay until you reset the ecu. You won't lose the tune.

OP
NotGnu

NotGnu

U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #3
The car was so tuned that the Ford tech was like wtf dude. I thought his head was going to spin clean off.
They said: we recommend you find a tuning shop.
It ran better for a couple of weeks.
I found a tuning shop after the P1299 (CHT sensor).
I don't trust them as I caught them a fibbing.
They let me drive off with a coolant sensor that they broke and didn't fix and tell me that the coolant pressure test and sensor test passed.
I ohmed the sensor out that I found dangling.
It reads open.
Looked up the resistant charts and open indicates cool?
I've been watching you tube videos of why my eco boost engine year is bad 2018 et al.
Engine swap suggestions?

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Do you have the accessport that was used to tune the engine? If not, that's going to be the first thing you need to do. Once you have one, you can switch to a safer tune and see how the engine runs.

The code you are getting says that the cylinder head temperature probe detected overheating (and presumably either puts you in limp mode or shuts the engine down.

Your problems began with misfires, then the overheating code. There are a lot of things that can cause that, but too-advanced timing, too low octane fuel, lean fuel mixture, spark plug problems can all be causes of this that are directly related to an unsafe tune. And if the car came with an unsafe tune, I wouldn't be afraid of losing the tune and having a stock OEM tune at all. At least the engine would run safely, and you can then get a proper tune done that isn't detrimental to the engine.

That said, if they found that the intake charge hose had blown off because of a broken clamp, that could also have been related to the problem. The dealer doesn't sell aftermarket intake charge hoses, so to fix that you're going to need to get the parts from the manufacturer of the aftermarket intake charge hose.

It seems like you don't understand engines and performance parts very well. Running a highly tuned engine is not something that you can just have done and then just drive with impunity as if the car was stock straight from the manufacturer. If you spend any time at all reading this forum, you'll see that people with tuned engines are constantly having to fix, replace, tighten, adjust, upgrade, etc. If you don't understand it well enough to sort it out yourself, you are going to have to hook up with someone (a business) who can be trusted and knows what they are doing to help you keep the car running.

OP
NotGnu

NotGnu

U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #5
A coworker of mine is wicked smart w/ cars.
He read the report about from the tuning shop:
Diagnose engine code P1299 - Customer cleared code 95.00 Found engine code P1116- ECT sensor out of test range. Performed coolant pressure test- found no external leaks. Removed spark plugs- found no coolant leaks but spark plug valley has motor oil. Performed CO2 test- results show combustion gas is getting in cooling system. Cylinder head needs removed to evaluate damage - Customer does not want to move forward at this time Please note #2 coil- 1 of 2 coil bolt nutserts was loose in valve cover and came with bolt when coil was removed - Customer is aware Hazardous Materials

OP
NotGnu

NotGnu

U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #6
I just slipped in under the power train warranty for miles and time.
I have to get it towed to the dealer 31 miles away.
Will keep you all updated.
I was told a head gasket is the best case scenario.

OP
NotGnu

NotGnu

U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #7
My uneducated arse trying to figure out the time line. So, you busted the coolant sensor and left it dangling...

OP
NotGnu

NotGnu

U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #8
Co2 test, if you actual did this, but it is a known issue. Class action suit on this if you.
Oh, my year falls into that. go figure.
Hence my engine swap question.

OP
NotGnu

NotGnu

U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #10
I apologize. I'm a drunk.
Summary: I bought a used car.
A month ago.
I was a dumb ass.
It was tuned as eff.
Only owned about two months.
Trying to troubleshoot.
It was fun.
It cornered on rails.
I was complaining on my first post about it not hooking on the summer tires.
Then it broke.
All signs lead to the manufacturing design flaw w/ the slim head gasket clearance.

OP
NotGnu

NotGnu

U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #12
Highly tuned in my stupid brain opinion is my only way for my non Stephan King dumb arse is the only way that I can attempt to describe what happens when I ask the motorheads that look at it and they give me the wow face.

OP
NotGnu

NotGnu

U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #13
I don't claim to know shit about shit. But this mother fucking thing had EVERYTHING done to it. And now, it most likely suspect to the 2017 - 2020 eco boost engine whoops a daisy design.

OP
NotGnu

NotGnu

U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #14
My Acura TL has at least 300 wheel brake hp. This thing 1kg lighter and has at least that.

OP
NotGnu

NotGnu

U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #15
I only owned it for 2 car payments. It basically a paper weight now. All I know is it no drive and I am basically fucked.

It probably has a ethanol tune(e30) on it. What fuel have you been running? You could try putting 3-4 gallons of ethanol then fill the rest up with 91 octane and see what happens. But you may have done some damage if you were running a ethanol tune without ethanol.