Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I want new wheels. Have a 2017 ST. Interested in going from 205s to 225s. Also wondered if going from 17 to 16 or 15 inches would help

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account

green_henry

1000 Post Club
I want you to read before you post. Also, it would be a good idea for you to go introduce yourself in the new members section before you start posting nonsense all over the place.

https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/meaty-tires-thread.2697/
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...to-the-list-read-the-requirements-first.2504/
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/new-16x8-wheel-incoming-konig-dekagram.15612/
Post all the nonsense you want Lazarus. This is an open forum for all people who love Fiestas and cars in general.
I agree with both of the above. You should do your homework before posting on this forum because most questions have already been asked and answered many times. When you don't do your homework, don't be surprised if you get flamed! Anyhow, 225 is a huge jump and 215 is more realistic (which you would know if ....) :cool:

I agree with both of the above. You should do your homework before posting on this forum because most questions have already been asked and answered many times. When you don't do your homework, don't be surprised if you get flamed! Anyhow, 225 is a huge jump and 215 is more realistic (which you would know if ....) :cool:
Don't get me wrong, It'd be nice not to hear a bunch of the same topics over and over and over lol. But we were all newbs at some point. there's just no reason to speak to people like that when this is an open and free forum. If he sticks around he'll learn. BTW.. I just tried the GMax AS-05's in 215/45's... Flipping awesome. I had the GMax RS's before and were freakin amazing.. so I was sad ordering these for the winter.. But nope! Not bad at all. It was 80 deg last week and had 75% grip of the RS's and its been storming today and grip is almost as good as dry! Pretty darn good..

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Don't get me wrong, It'd be nice not to hear a bunch of the same topics over and over and over lol. But we were all newbs at some point. there's just no reason to speak to people like that when this is an open and free forum. If he sticks around he'll learn. BTW.. I just tried the GMax AS-05's in 215/45's... Flipping awesome. I had the GMax RS's before and were freakin amazing.. so I was sad ordering these for the winter.. But nope! Not bad at all. It was 80 deg last week and had 75% grip of the RS's and its been storming today and grip is almost as good as dry! Pretty darn good..
215/45-17s?? [dunno]

215 tire is more realistic. And *I think* performance may be subjective. 15 and 16 inch wheels weigh less than the 17's, however, 17's have somewhat sharper turn-in response.
16's are a good compromise between decreased weight, still keeping similar turn-in response, and helping to improve grip with a wider tire.

I prefer 17's just to keep the sharp turn-in performance, and I run Konig Hypergrams with 215's. I have never run 16's, but plenty of people on the forum prefer them. Might be something to look into for decreasing unsprung weight, and increasing contact patch with a wider tire. Both of those will increase performance/handling.

Edit: Also, welcome to the forum fellow NC native!