Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

IC + Stratified Tune + Drop-In Filter....What's next?

Without upgrading the turbo, what power mods are worth adding on top of what I currently have?
What kind of gains would I expect?

Note: I don't want to touch the exhaust.

THANKS!

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
E30 fuel.

Turbo is just about maxed.

FWIW, I have the same mods, but also have a catback. I'm seriously considering E30, but it's more of a hassle down here in Los Angeles.

Hybrid turbo time?!

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Spork1569

E30 fuel.

FWIW, I have the same mods, but also have a catback. I'm seriously considering E30, but it's more of a hassle down here in Los Angeles.

Hybrid turbo time?!

E30 is definitely worth the hassle, which really isn't all that much.

I have one station near me that offers it and it's honestly not as much of a hassle as expected. Just gotta wait for the E85 pump every so often so it try and fill late night before or after a food run.

LA should have a bit more availability from what I hear than Ventura but the HP and torque you gain are crazy. I have the dizzy tune and first and second gear are now my tire burning gears when I feel like flooring it, third is where the real pull is without spinning.

It does have the downside of lowered MPG(both because I have a lead foot when on the E30 tune, as well as the reduced energy provided by the ethanol) I went from 26/27 combined mpg to about 23/24 mpg. Though all the extra torque reminds me why it's worth it [twothumb]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
That's about all you can do is e30. Everything after that Is BT or Hybrid and a Pro-tune with or without a Dyno. You will enjoy e30 with a stocker I know I did...Then a bunch of good deals came along and I haven't looked back!

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I'm basically stock with E30. It's easily the best bang for buck in my opinion. You'll squeeze a bit more having an intercooler but upgraded turbo is really the next step, it seems the greatest restriction before fueling (correct me if I'm wrong.)

Most people have an RMM by now, I don't launch the car or slam gears anymore and don't have issues missing shifts so I'm content with stock.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

OP
P
Thread Starter #6
I'm basically stock with E30. It's easily the best bang for buck in my opinion. You'll squeeze a bit more having an intercooler but upgraded turbo is really the next step, it seems the greatest restriction before fueling (correct me if I'm wrong.)

Most people have an RMM by now, I don't launch the car or slam gears anymore and don't have issues missing shifts so I'm content with stock.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
I thought about RMM, watched videos, but doesn't seem necessary for my style of driving.

OP
P
Thread Starter #7
What's it take to go E30?
Is E30 essentially the same a E85?

I like to go on roadtrips, but I don't want to worry about not finding a pump.

Spork1569

E30 is a mix of pump gas and E85 to achieve the mixture of 30 percent ethanol. For an empty tank I usually do a little over 3 gallons of E85 and the rest 91.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

You will want a RMM if you go to E30 to help with wheel hop from the extra torque that's generated in order to put the power to the pavement.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

E30 fuel.

Hybrid turbo time?!

Not a hassle at all, we live in the same area. Come to the dark side! Lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Without upgrading the turbo, what power mods are worth adding on top of what I currently have?
What kind of gains would I expect?

Note: I don't want to touch the exhaust.

THANKS!
In terms of power, that's pretty much it aside from E30. Assuming you have a good IC already. Most things that come to mind are things like a RMM, short shift adapter plate, and a 6 point chasis brace. These things don't add power, but they do change the overall feel of things (for the better).

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

SrsBsns

E30 requires a tune, but for the tune, you generally want to install the supporting mods first:

Accessport
Intercooler
Colder plugs
Drop in filter

OP
P
Thread Starter #15
E30 requires a tune, but for the tune, you generally want to install the supporting mods first:

Accessport
Intercooler
Colder plugs
Drop in filter
Thanks.
I have everything except for the colder plugs.

Which plugs are recommended for E30 tune?

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Other things to think about are Coilovers to improve ride/control along with bigger brakes. Some folks feel that those areas should be improved before adding horsepower.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Spark plugs. Iridium has been the goto for years. They are not shaped exactly like OEM. The Rutheniums are new and somewhat untried. They are OEM shaped.

NGK LTR6BHX Ruthenium OEM temperature
NGK LTR7BHX Ruthenium 1 step colder
NGK LTR7IX-11 Iridium 1 step colder

gtx3076

1000 Post Club

When you have an accessport you'll always be able to switch back to 91/93 tunes, or even stock.