Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ideal ET for a 16x8 with a 225/45-16?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
IF one had the ability to specify precisely what ET they wanted for a 16x8 with a 225/45-16 mounted on it, to avoid as much as possible any rubbing anywhere, what would it be for a minimally lowered (like less than a half inch lower than factory ride height), or factory ride height FiST?

I both do NOT want ANY excessive 'poke', nor do I need any, unless that's the only way this works, so take that into consideration.

Thanks in advance.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Did I ever send you those photos I took? I attached one of them here.

The Dekagram is ET40mm and there is probably 3-5mm of clearance with the Dunlop 225/45R16. I wouldn't want to go any higher for fear of rubbing on the dampers. I would honestly prefer to go out another 5mm to an ET35 to be safe. But I also run some camber up front (I think -2 or -2.5 degrees) so that helps mitigate rub. Not sure about poke..

Attachments

OP
M-Sport fan

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
You might have, but I don't recall seeing them (gettin' OLD! [:(]).

In any case, THANKS, as I was thinking about going to a 43-45 ET on a set of Braids which they drill, and 'mill'(?? for any custom ET) to order. [thumb]

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
You might have, but I don't recall seeing them (gettin' OLD! [:(]).

In any case, THANKS, as I was thinking about going to a 43-45 ET on a set of Braids which they drill, and 'mill'(?? for any custom ET) to order. [thumb]
You could always get your suspension dialed in first and then I could loan you my wheels to drive around on for a week and check for rubbing, etc before you order wheels.

OP
M-Sport fan

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
You could always get your suspension dialed in first and then I could loan you my wheels to drive around on for a week and check for rubbing, etc before you order wheels.
THANKS MUCH! [twothumb]

But that won't be necessary as I have a black Deka and 225/45-16 A052 setup myself, which is not married yet, and I may have to do that in order to check for rubbing before ordering up an almost $2K set of wheels.

Then sell them mounted up as a set (vs. just the never mounted wheels by themselves) if I decide to get the Braids, which are a minimum of 6 months out from fully paid ahead of time ordering, even for a 'standard color' set in rally white. [:(]