Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Idle AFR Swinging Rich to Lean

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I took a log to send to Dizzy but my AFRs sometimes swing from the 13's to the 15's while idling, A/C off. I'm tuned in E30 and am running step colder spark plugs. AFRs make me think maybe an 02 sensor. Car has 100k miles and is 5 years old.

It's not all the time, just intermittently, other times AFR's stay in the 14's at idle like I'd expect. Anybody else experience something like this?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Se7eN

I took a log to send to Dizzy but my AFRs sometimes swing from the 13's to the 15's while idling, A/C off. I'm tuned in E30 and am running step colder spark plugs. AFRs make me think maybe an 02 sensor. Car has 100k miles and is 5 years old.

It's not all the time, just intermittently, other times AFR's stay in the 14's at idle like I'd expect. Anybody else experience something like this?

All the time, even from new. Mostly after filling up with gas, or if it's been on for a while. Doesn't affect anything.

Same here, happens every now and then. Ac cycling on an off puts a load on the engine that could be doing it even pressing the clutch in and out. Doesn't hurt anything.

bad evap purge valve, I changed mine and it went away.

It will probably come back when this one fails.

Buy the one that comes with the hoses.

OP
G

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
bad evap purge valve, I changed mine and it went away.

It will probably come back when this one fails.

Buy the one that comes with the hoses.
Is that why I smell gasoline in the car after I fill up?