Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

If I was sane I would have stayed off the forum

But I’m not so here I am.

Just bought a 2016 ST from Carvana due in Thursday. I previously had a 2018 SI that I loved, but in the current car market they are beyond unreasonable in price.

Spec to spec looks like I should be very happy with the ST.

From my tooling around here it seems the quick easy mods to start out will be tint, the rear motor mount and a mountune short shift. Follow those up with an intercooler (brand to be determined still), radiator and from what I see the access port rules supreme as far as tuners go.

Now my first question, thoughts on the catch cans and expansion tanks I won’t be tracking the car however I do believe in a solid support system

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Welcome to the machine. And Fjord.

Catch can....after watching a zillion vids, reading a few articles, my coworker having one on his FoST and then FoRS, and me having one for over two years....imho, get one. Why would want all that oily vapor to go back into the intake valves? The only reason we have DI is the fuel efficiency of it over port injection. The whole industry knows DI sucks. I don't keep up with it, but I know there are now some cars that have both. I would have to assume it's to keep the intake valves clean AND reach that fed mandated fuel efficiency.........

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It is not exclusively for the fuel efficiency that DI is around.

It also does make more power than port injection as a stand alone, ONLY source of fuel, but yes, a combo system would be the absolute best of both worlds. [wink] [driving]

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
only, never & always........three horrible words. The only people to use always, are the ones that never understand what they did....haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahaha

OP
Commando81
Thread Starter #7
Well I hit a slight hiccup with the car having issues upon inspection.

so looks like I’m going back two years to a 2014 instead that has the recaro package and coming out of Florida so I’m taking it as a gift from the gods

Welcome to the machine. And Fjord.

Catch can....after watching a zillion vids, reading a few articles, my coworker having one on his FoST and then FoRS, and me having one for over two years....imho, get one. Why would want all that oily vapor to go back into the intake valves? The only reason we have DI is the fuel efficiency of it over port injection. The whole industry knows DI sucks. I don't keep up with it, but I know there are now some cars that have both. I would have to assume it's to keep the intake valves clean AND reach that fed mandated fuel efficiency.........
Like the mk8 fiesta, thats why its so much easier to pull MORE power mod-for-mod on the mk8’s.

OP
Commando81
Thread Starter #12
I run Damond w/ VTA. Never tracked the car but it fills up quick. I also run the mishimoto radiator with 180 thermo. Close to a grand in install cost.
that’s a nice looking unit and I see they also offer the rear motor mount so Cobb isn’t the only option

Last edited:
OP
Commando81
Thread Starter #14
lots of companies offer RMM’s a lot of us consider the Vibra Technics as one of the better ones.
ill take a look at theirs as well

Still have the oooo shiny syndrome looking at the recommended mods and brands for the ST. I’ve spent years with the Jeep community so trying to figure out money well spent vs money wasted to start

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
ill take a look at theirs as well

Still have the oooo shiny syndrome looking at the recommended mods and brands for the ST. I’ve spent years with the Jeep community so trying to figure out money well spent vs money wasted to start
For money well spent, I'd say an Accessport is pretty high on the list. Also, RMM and a good flash tune. Lots of people also recommend an upgraded radiator.
I would say, the fist is loads of fun even in stock form, so I'd recommend taking your time to research what mods you want to do while you enjoy driving it.

OP
Commando81
Thread Starter #16
For money well spent, I'd say an Accessport is pretty high on the list. Also, RMM and a good flash tune. Lots of people also recommend an upgraded radiator.
I would say, the fist is loads of fun even in stock form, so I'd recommend taking your time to research what mods you want to do while you enjoy driving it.
yeah Accessport seems to be the one indisputable must have mod. Radiator and Intercooler both will get upgraded. Funny thing is the brief time I had my 18 SI when I was debating the radiator and Intercooler everyone said it was wasted money till there was already a bigger turbo on the car

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
yeah Accessport seems to be the one indisputable must have mod. Radiator and Intercooler both will get upgraded. Funny thing is the brief time I had my 18 SI when I was debating the radiator and Intercooler everyone said it was wasted money till there was already a bigger turbo on the car
Yeah, it's probably different for each car. I know some people have overheating issues with the stock radiator, I've been fine personally though.
The great thing about the Accessport is that even if you don't get a tune immediately, it allows you to monitor lots of stuff and read codes.

OP
Commando81
Thread Starter #18
Yeah, it's probably different for each car. I know some people have overheating issues with the stock radiator, I've been fine personally though.
The great thing about the Accessport is that even if you don't get a tune immediately, it allows you to monitor lots of stuff and read codes.
i started looking at the Accessport the first day I found this forum lol. It will be bought rather quickly

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I would say essentials would be a Passenger side engine mount and a RMM those help a lot even running stock. A larger intercooler is another an AP is right up there . All of 5he se enhance stock Performance for the better. A radiator I feel is up there as well some get by with stock radiators because they don’t use their air con. If you do and have hot days and stuck in traffic? You will be glad you did upgrade the radiator. Exhaust is purely for sound for the most part as stock exhaust is dead quite lol. It does nothing for performance. Other little things can be added but for the most part engine peformance wise do not do a lot with the stock Turbo a crossover pipe is one of the few items that actually does help though most the intakes sold just usually make a bit more noise . :LOL:

Ford Community Posts