Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ignition Correction

Has anyone noticed a correlation between using the AC and getting negative ignition correction?

I have an OTS Cobb Stage 1 tune. Only other things of consequence are Mountune hot side charge pipe and RamAir filter(but not much consequence).

No logs because I'm too lazy to post from the computer.

Other things that might or might not matter are: 2017 FiST bought in Feb, 6k miles.

No I haven't checked the gap on the spark plugs yet... But I probably should, need to get a driver long enough to pull a sparkplug.

So is this a possible cause or does correlation not equal causation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much of a negative correction are we talking about? Unless it is consistently quite a bit, probably nothing to worry about.

A flash tune from Stratified comes with a lot of good info in the e-mail. I'm copying and pasting the below from them:

Ign Corr. Cyl 1-4: During consistent WOT runs, ignition correction should stay above -3. It is normal to sometimes have ignition corrections both negative and positive. Do not use the min/max values recorded by the Accessport as a source of concern. The tune has built-in learning algorithms that adjusts the timing to account for the quality of fuel and how the car is driven so it may take some driving for the tune to settle into your vehicle. If you frequently experience negative ignition corrections it is most likely due to poor fuel quality. Trying a different station or different brand usually solves the problem. You could safely mix 1 gallon of E85 into a full tank of premium fuel to test if indeed the knock was due to poor fuel. If the added E85 clears all the knock then you know for sure it is a fuel related issue.
Could be bad tank of gas. Are you sure it ONLY happens with A/C on? And you know we are all slobbering data log hounds in here [wiggle] .