Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I'm going to rub in a few days

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
I know it's coming, I have read and read but can't help myself. So this started off awkward, I'm buying 215/45r17 Indy 500s for my car and need some ideas. What have others done to combat the rub in their wheel wells? I'm willing to go as far as completely remove the wheel liners but what other things do I need to consider? Are there more attractive options to this? I'm on Megan racing coilovers, lowered probably half an inch at most and stock rims.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #2
I should also add, I bought camber plates for the rear already and am going to be purchasing bolts for the fronts soon

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
Yeah I know, I'm getting em put on Thursday so I need to come up with some solutions before then.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
So I just did the math. With this sidewall increase and width increase id gain half an inch of tire height. I'll measure tomorrow.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Then what good are they? Lol. People live in states with bad weather and roads.
EXACTLY, the manufacturers of these things just effing assume that everyone/anyone buying these things ALL just want to slam their rides down onto their tires, like bagged stancers. [mad]

Vendors/manufacturers; WE NEED MORE COIL OVER OPTIONS WHICH ALLOW FOR FACTORY RIDE HEIGHT(or even a bit higher) AS A POSSIBILITY!! [wink]

We already have fifty thousand of the 'slammed' variety, no more of those are necessary.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Horrible size for tires. I’d return them if can. You might be able to
Make them work if only lowered slightly. Likely it’s gonna rub on front tabs. I had snows rub on stock suspension with lower diameter than your gonna run though.

xxiaze

I run that size no issues and am lowered aprox an inch or so... my front fender liner is eaten. But that didn’t occur until I removed the lower plastic skid plate thingy for intercooler. Haters gon’ hate! But, I also have to mention... my tires are trash and they came with the car....

024DAABA-1112-4793-B406-4FAA2C72A000.jpeg

Last edited:

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
The back liners you can "pin" up with self tapping screws to stop it from hanging down. The front liners you can heat up and mold closer to the steel behind, there will be 2 spots at about 10 and 2 positions that will rub at full compression. My coilovers do go to stock height and eliminated all rubbing with that tire size.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #15
The back liners you can "pin" up with self tapping screws to stop it from hanging down. The front liners you can heat up and mold closer to the steel behind, there will be 2 spots at about 10 and 2 positions that will rub at full compression. My coilovers do go to stock height and eliminated all rubbing with that tire size.
Thank you kivnul, I will do this and see what I can get away with.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #16
Guys I bought the tires because I need a wider foot print. I've been told by a lot of people these are very good tires for our car but with me going to be pushing close to 400 hp and already slipping at 280 I needed a solution to traction. Firehawks only come in 215/45r17 unless I went down to 205 and then it's stock size.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Guys I bought the tires because I need a wider foot print. I've been told by a lot of people these are very good tires for our car but with me going to be pushing close to 400 hp and already slipping at 280 I needed a solution to traction. Firehawks only come in 215/45r17 unless I went down to 205 and then it's stock size.

Lol a high tread wear tire isn’t the answer to your problem

agreed, you want a 200 treadware or less tire, not a 340. It sounds like you're dumping a lot of money into the car and leaving it hurting for traction.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #20
Okay I see your point but, I took the word of other people from their experience. Thing is, treadwear ratings are set by manufacturers and then reported to nhtsa. So it's kind of bs anyways.

Ford Community Posts