Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Im looking to buy aftermarket wheels

I’m looking to buy aftermarket wheels for my fiesta st and i was wondering if anyone knows if a 16x9 +25 would fit. I’m new to cars and don’t really understand how to measure to check. Would really appreciate some feedback, thanks.

Dib

The lower offset should allow you to run 9in rims. as far as clearance from the inside of the tire/rim. the issue you will have is how much further out they be. It will roughly be two inches further out than stock so you may encounter rubbing on the fender depending on your ride height and tire size. I plan on making the switch to a 9in rim, but will be running flares to keep the tire under the body.

OP
alex.mk8
Thread Starter #3
it's actually an +20 offset but thats not that big of a difference and my car is lowered as much as it can be on these coilovers. cant i roll the fenders or pull them or something in case it start rubbing?

Dib

it's actually an +20 offset but thats not that big of a difference and my car is lowered as much as it can be on these coilovers. cant i roll the fenders or pull them or something in case it start rubbing?
Yeah, you could roll the fenders, pull them, cut them, or just raise the car up. at that point, you're only going to get an answer from trial and error. there are so many different unknown variables at this point, unknown heights, weights, spring rate, bump dampening, tire size and pressure, etc. It's kind of like asking, "how hard do I have to hit a golf ball to get a hole-in-one?"

If you're dead set on these wheels, get a tire that fits it properly, a 235. then raise the car up a decent amount. something like 1-2in of wheel gap. test drive the car for a while, allowing for settling, and over the different road conditions you would experience. if you don't hear or see signs of rubbing then lower a little bit at a time until you find the desired ride height. I assume you're going more for looks than function? if you do rub, find the source of rubbing, what's actually hitting. if it's the rim touching anything, then you can get spacers, or take a grinder to the parts that are touching, that is, if there is enough metal to be able to remove some without altering structural integrity. if your tire is touching the inside of the wheel well, you can opt for a spacer to move the wheel more outboard, or more narrow tires. if the tires is touching the fender, then you can have them rolled or opt for a more narrow tire. Just be safe about it.

or don't, i'm not a cop.

You will rub in the back. wide body and spacers is a easy solution.

Also raising the car will cause other issues if you want to race.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Stock wheels are 17x7 ET 47.5. x9 is an inch wider on either side and the 27.5 difference in offset will place the inside edge of the wheel just a tad outboard of the stock wheels. That means the 2" extra are all going to be towards the outside. 2" is a lot. There's nothing to roll in the rear and maybe 1/4" in the front. RAMMAudio did 15x9 ET35 (?) with lots of rolling and pulling. I don't think that you'd fit 16x9 ET 20 without flares.