Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I'm new with a wrecked 19 ST and a big big project.

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
I bought a 19 ST at a salvage auction and am swapping everything into my base model 11 sedan. Has anyone heard of this being done? I've stripped the ST down to the basic shell so far. I will paint the mishi intercooler black as well as the red calipers to further disguise it. The shell with salvage title will be available for sale as soon as I am done. The ST was hit on the front. I'm hoping to have the sedan completely stripped this weekend and begin operation frankenbean.

1649364551810.jpeg

I've heard of this being done with a Focus ST and a Focus sedan, but not the Fiesta. I'm interested to see your progress.

OP
Mike King

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #4
I've heard of this being done with a Focus ST and a Focus sedan, but not the Fiesta. I'm interested to see your progress.
Everything is going in there that will swap. The interior, including the dash and door panels, power windows and so on. The drivetrain and all suspension as well.

FJ16

So I'm looking for the curb weight of that '11 Sedan and I'm coming up with multiple sources claiming 2,578 lbs... there's no way that's right? I can't see that sedan being lighter than the hatchback?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Y seen that swap its pretty cool and Focus Sedans look good. I personally feel the Fiesta Sedan is just too narrow for the body length. The proportions just look off too my eyes.

Last edited:
OP
Mike King

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #13
I agree, the sedan is ugly but I've always liked ugly cars and ugly women. They both treat me good and nobody messes with them. :) I have an ugly ridgeline. I had a suzuki samurai, 1 chevy sprint, 2 chevy sprint turbos, a geo metro, a hatchback nova from the 70's, a suzuki swift GT that I did a complete swap to the geo metro after I rolled it which I had previously done a sprint turbo swap. Ok, here was my progress yesterday. I have everything removed from the sedan except for what can still allow me to move it under its own power. You see I've already swapped the guts from the rear doors over. Does anyone know where I can find paint to match the charcoal interior panels? The A and B pillar panels swap directly but I will have to paint the C pillar panels from the sedan to match. I will recover the headliner with suede myself.

Attachments

OP
Mike King

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #14
I am not the biggest fan of how the sedan looks, But I still want to see this work because it would be so weird and unique. Would you put the st badge on the sedan or leave it a sleeper?
No ST badge and I will paint the red calipers black as well as the mishi intercooler. The only real indications of its ST heart will be the interior, wheels and side skirts that appear to fit perfectly. I am keeping the stock ST exhaust other then a DP and resonator delete. I may or may not paint the chrome tips black.

OP
Mike King

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #15
So I'm looking for the curb weight of that '11 Sedan and I'm coming up with multiple sources claiming 2,578 lbs... there's no way that's right? I can't see that sedan being lighter than the hatchback?
The weight of the ST roof area and hatch with glass must be less then the sedan rear glass and trunk lid.

The intercooler was dented but it looks like it will still seal. I'll find out for sure when it's up and running.
This is awesome! I think the sedan looks silly personally but I like the idea of it as a sleeper, that should be a pretty fun car to mess with folks.
Nice job just jumping in and doing it! its fun to watch someone that can just take care of it on their own, it seems less and less frequent as time goes on.
Great thread, and I wish you the best of luck getting everything swapped and up and running!! Keep this thread going, it seems like you have quite a bit of interest!

lol, I'm pretty sure I saw this shell on FB marketplace the other day, I'm also in southern PA. curious to see how this goes! And welcome to the forum .