Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I'm not new but...

Taz

...this is the first time I've been able to get my car. Long story, but for the past year I've been unable to drive due to health reasons. Now I'm back and this is the exact car I've just reserved for collection next week!

my-st 01.jpg
my-st 02.jpg
my-st 03.jpg my-st 04.jpg

Since I joined last year I've been spending my time doing my research and taking notes on the model, as well as making plans for what I want to do once I get her. And yes, I've always planned to get Molten Orange for many reasons, including some really elaborate customising reasons. For a start, being a bit of a fanatic about colour coordination, I've always wanted those seats to match the bodywork

OP
Taz

Taz

Thread Starter #3
I guess I've been an unofficial member until now, but if all goes well I'll be an official member starting next week. That's when I'll be adding things like my personal avatar. Somehow it seems a bit wrong until I actually get the car.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Welcome and I love that color with the matching seats! Congratulations on your new ride!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
WELCOME and CONGRATS!

Many of us on here in the states are quite envious that you were offered the 2 door (3 door??) model, whereas we were forced to take the 4 door (5 door?) version with no other option. [:(]

That version looks so much more 'sporty', and more like a 'proper hot hatch' than our more 'sedan-ish' four port requirement, in my opinion.

(Besides, the 2 door is what was used exclusively as the base car for the Mk7 and Mk8 WRC cars, in all of it's various classes/guises. [wink] [driving])

OP
Taz

Taz

Thread Starter #7
WELCOME and CONGRATS!

Many of us on here in the states are quite envious that you were offered the 2 door (3 door??) model, whereas we were forced to take the 4 door (5 door?) version with no other option. [:(]

That version looks so much more 'sporty', and more like a 'proper hot hatch' than our more 'sedan-ish' four port requirement, in my opinion.

(Besides, the 2 door is what was used exclusively as the base car for the Mk7 and Mk8 WRC cars, in all of it's various classes/guises. [wink] [driving])
Yes, I was saying exactly that same thing to the salesman when I was reserving the car. I can't understand why the US didn't get the two/three door either, especially seeing how much Americans like sporty looking cars. That's what we mostly got here regarding the ST model. I don't think I've ever seen the four/five door version here. If it was released here then it must've been only very limited.

OP
Taz

Taz

Thread Starter #10
Well, I hope I'm not too late for the party getting mine now, and there's still lots of owners and enthusiasm for the Mk. 7 going on. To me at least it's the best looking gen, and I never really took to the looks of the Mk. 8, despite it being technically superior. As I said to the salesman, I intend to keep mine until it's a classic, so once I have it expect me to be hanging around for a loooong time to come, only in a much more active nature than I have been over the past year! :)

OP
Taz

Taz

Thread Starter #12
Oh you'll mod it in the end. It's inevitable ;) For me it was the audio. Hid lights - the oem halogen through projectors is abysmal. And lately, gold wheels but that's it :)
Oh, it's a given. Although it appears to have everything that Ford could pack into it, I've always had a "thing" for customising. Even when I was little I was attracted to Hot Wheels cars more than I was the more ordinary Matchbox, and it's carried on into adulthood. As soon as I buy a vehicle (and before in some cases) I'm already thinking of ways to personalise it. And as my childhood interest in Hot Wheels suggests, my mods aren't exactly subtle. For example, I've already decided that I want to eventually fit these extended arches:
ap_Ford_Fiesta_JA8_LP_Bilder_1165x530_3.jpg

And with these wheels, only 18in ones instead of 17in.
66417836_619772218512933_2630341734185304064_n.jpg
66225617_619772055179616_5955166155281793024_n.jpg

I eventually want to replace the antiquated analogue computer interface with a much more up to date touchscreen

Factory
Ford-Fiesta-ST-2-console.jpg.7cd88f7535f3d1a21243466d9b0b8fa2.jpg

To something more like the one in the US version:
FiestaSTInterior61.jpg

I might go for an even bigger screen, but part of me wants to stick with what Ford should've put in the car in the first place, rather than the system we got here with all of the ugly Stone Age buttons. This is one thing that I'll have to decide on nearer the time.

I've got Maxton firmly on my radar, along with THIS company. I plan to keep the original spoiler, except just add their riser and have it painted Molten Orange so it'll blend in, as if it was built with the car. The same goes for the Maxton Spoiler Cap that I'll be buying. It too will be painted Molten Orange so it'll blend in with the spoiler. All other things like the Maxton Side Skirts Diffusers, Rear Side Diffusers, and Maxton Front Race Splitter will be hydro dipped in a dark metallic red secondary colour to go with the decals that I plan to have installed.

Speaking of which, I plan to have most decals and attachments in this colour:
GLOSS1080GP253-5_1728x.jpg

And any minor trim (things like pinstripes and mirrors) in this colour:
DEsqygEXkAA7hwi.jpg

Tuning wise, I'll ultimately be going with a Revo RT330 with big turbo, that they say puts out between 330 and 350bhp! The factory exhaust will be swapped for the KMS Hurricane. If the vids are anything to go by then it'll eventually handle and perform like a cross between a superbike on four wheels and a bucking bronco, with a sound like a Focus RS! :cool:

I was going to add both a VelossaTech Wide Mouth and some carbon dipped Maxton bonnet/hood vents whatever, but from what I can tell from the Revo videos the enhanced power upgrades are too much even for the performance intercooler, so they'll add much needed function, especially in the summer months.

Well, that's a load of stuff I've been figuring out over the past year. There's loads of other stuff I'll be doing on top of what I've described. If you have any questions feel free to ask! :)

Last edited:
Taz. If you are keeping the ST long term, do you plan to have some kind of anti corrosion treatment done to the body?
I haven't seen much discussion about doing that in the U.K. forums. My 16 FiST developed rust in the panel seam edges of all the closures! It's a Michigan driven car but not in the winter! It's a very big disappointment to say the least.

OP
Taz

Taz

Thread Starter #14
Taz. If you are keeping the ST long term, do you plan to have some kind of anti corrosion treatment done to the body?
I haven't seen much discussion about doing that in the U.K. forums. My 16 FiST developed rust in the panel seam edges of all the closures! It's a Michigan driven car but not in the winter! It's a very big disappointment to say the least.
Yes, the dealer who I'm buying it from (i.e. Cazoo) does an offer for bodywork protection for an extra approx. Ā£250. They say that I don't have to have it done straight away. They're pretty damned good with customer service. Even on their site they show closeups of any minor defaults like stone chipped paintwork or minor dings. This one only has a few extremely minor stone chips that're so small that I had to look very, very hard at the screen to see them. Due to this I've told them that I'll be getting the stone chips sorted out then I'll be back to have the bodywork protection put on. As you said, it's something that I noted as being extremely important to have done ASAP, especially seeing the amount of things I'll be doing to the car in the future.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Oh, it's a given. Although it appears to have everything that Ford could pack into it, I've always had a "thing" for customising. Even when I was little I was attracted to Hot Wheels cars more than I was the more ordinary Matchbox, and it's carried on into adulthood. As soon as I buy a vehicle (and before in some cases) I'm already thinking of ways to personalise it. And as my childhood interest in Hot Wheels suggests, my mods aren't exactly subtle. For example, I've already decided that I want to eventually fit these extended arches:
View attachment 49486

And with these wheels, only 18in ones instead of 17in.
View attachment 49487
View attachment 49488

I eventually want to replace the antiquated analogue computer interface with a much more up to date touchscreen

Factory
View attachment 49489

To something more like the one in the US version:
View attachment 49490

I might go for an even bigger screen, but part of me wants to stick with what Ford should've put in the car in the first place, rather than the system we got here with all of the ugly Stone Age buttons. This is one thing that I'll have to decide on nearer the time.

I've got Maxton firmly on my radar, along with THIS company. I plan to keep the original spoiler, except just add their riser and have it painted Molten Orange so it'll blend in, as if it was built with the car. The same goes for the Maxton Spoiler Cap that I'll be buying. It too will be painted Molten Orange so it'll blend in with the spoiler. All other things like the Maxton Side Skirts Diffusers, Rear Side Diffusers, and Maxton Front Race Splitter will be hydro dipped in a dark metallic red secondary colour to go with the decals that I plan to have installed.

Speaking of which, I plan to have most decals and attachments in this colour:
View attachment 49493

And any minor trim (things like pinstripes and mirrors) in this colour:
View attachment 49494

Tuning wise, I'll ultimately be going with a Revo RT330 with big turbo, that they say puts out between 330 and 350bhp! The factory exhaust will be swapped for the KMS Hurricane. If the vids are anything to go by then it'll eventually handle and perform like a cross between a superbike on four wheels and a bucking bronco, with a sound like a Focus RS! :cool:

I was going to add both a VelossaTech Wide Mouth and some carbon dipped Maxton bonnet/hood vents whatever, but from what I can tell from the Revo videos the enhanced power upgrades are too much even for the performance intercooler, so they'll add much needed function, especially in the summer months.

Well, that's a load of stuff I've been figuring out over the past year. There's loads of other stuff I'll be doing on top of what I've described. If you have any questions feel free to ask! :)
I didn't know that the UK cars had the older screens.
Also, I like your ideas! Definitely post pictures as you do stuff to it!

OP
Taz

Taz

Thread Starter #16
I didn't know that the UK cars had the older screens.
Also, I like your ideas! Definitely post pictures as you do stuff to it!
Yeah, I don't know why Ford here decided to go with the older tech. It was the same with the pre-facelift Mk. 3 Focus ST.

When doing things like decals most Molten Orange owners I've seen stick with either black or white. In my case I wanted to play with colours that are on the same part of the spectrum as the primary colour, so I went for a really dark ruby or wine red for the secondary colour and a much brighter orangy-bronze for any trim, with maybe the odd gold/yellow here and there like the stripes on the Maxton diffusers. Basically, I'm aiming for warm colours for the car. Much later on I aim to have the interior covered in leather, which will be the same colour scheme as the bodywork, and with orange stitching.

These are some of the first things I've got planned for the car:

ACEP "Invader" Headlight Armour Eyelid

&

ACEP "Sentinel" Taillight Armour

In both cases they'll be sprayed Molten Orange to blend with the car.

Last edited:
OP
Taz

Taz

Thread Starter #17
Just to give you a better idea about what they offer.

Car paint protection with CazooGuard | Cazoo

OP
Taz

Taz

Thread Starter #19
There's been a slight change of schedule. I've finally paid for the car, but the website didn't offer me any pickup dates for this week, let alone for Thursday. Instead it's official that I'll be picking her up at 11am on Monday 4th, so by this time next week I'll have my little orange bug sitting outside!

OP
Taz

Taz

Thread Starter #20
Phew! As you can tell by my added avatar I've just gotten back from collecting my FiST. I've never been a fan of first days, especially seeing that the company in question turns it into some fancy unveiling ceremony in the middle of the showroom. I like to keep things lowkey, so this was really embarrassing.

Obviously I'm taking it easy for a while until I get used to its handling and undoubted unique quirks, so I just more or less came straight home. However, from my first experience it didn't seem that much different from my Mk.3 Focus ST, especially performance and handling wise. Technically, it had some functions my FoST didn't have, like the handy reverse camera and satnav, but on the other it lacked things like electrically controlled seats and flip out door buffers, which were very handy on my FoST. Now all I have to do is make it feel like my own car rather than someone else's castoff.