Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Impractical wheels and tires

The 205/40 R17 tire (and wheel) size is great for racing and go-kart turns, but I have my ST as a powerful car that's fabulous on the road...and anywhere else. But hit a curb, the edge of a driveway, or a pothole and you're replacing a tire. It's already happened in 8 months with the car. I'm inclined to replace the wheels and tires with something a little more forgiving. Is there a middle ground between the stock wheels/tires and the full-size spare, which is the same as the wheels/tires on a standard Fiesta (I had a 3-cyl version) (still would if that deer hadn't jumped in front of me).

And do the brakes on the ST take up more space, requiring a special wheel with extra clearance or something?

Thanks,

Bill

Attachments

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Lots and lots and lots of information on this site I would search for it. There's probably several hundred if not a thousand post on tire and wheel size.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
As Ford ST states, there is a lot of info out there. To quickly answer you, you can go down to most 15" wheels without a problem to give you more sidewall. 16" ones will keep most of the feel of the 17's without getting too squishy. It all depends on what you are asking of the car. Once you go with a bigger brake kit you will be more restricted in wheel size.