Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Improved COBB RMM?

Brianmc27

The bushing looks a bit different. The old one had holes in it. My guess is they stiffened it up a bit.

Yes- it's the same RMM I received with my Stg 1+, which by the way is the perfect amount of power for this car, imo (although I really can't believe I'd say that).
Under normal circumstances, I'd be on E85 with plans to replace the stock IC and turbo- not this little gem.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Yes- it's the same RMM I received with my Stg 1+, which by the way is the perfect amount of power for this car, imo (although I really can't believe I'd say that).
Under normal circumstances, I'd be on E85 with plans to replace the stock IC and turbo- not this little gem.
Give it some time. Most of us cave in to the temptations after a while ;)

I don't know what the original RMM looks like but the one pictured on Cobb's site is the exact motor mount I installed in my 2019 FiST in October. At idle there is some minor vibration but I expect raising the idle speed by 50 rpm might smooth that out. BTW, I have yet to figure out how to do this with the gas pedal to determine if that is true so I'll have to wait until I'm ready to get an Accessport and install a tune.

BTW, have a Mountune Radiator and intake kit with intercooler and a Cobb Catback exhaust. Since I'm still running the factory tune no gain in power but also have the full warranty per my local dealer. Basically they told me as long as the factory tune is installed they are going to not notice the improved cooling or more sporty sounding exhaust.

Give it some time. Most of us cave in to the temptations after a while ;)
:unsure: Maybe after I get "my last hotrod" (another boosted 4 banger...about 40 psi with a 65 lb/min snail) tuned right, I'll tinker with it...but probably not. I'm digging the feel of this car.

Now...if I could transplant a RS drivetrain into it, I'd be all over that :D

they stopped drilling holes through the poly which failed quite often
probably grew tired of replacing under warranty so did a running change without official notice to the public
When did they do this? I want to buy one from a vendor but want to make sure I get the newer one and not old stock of the previous. Thanks!

They also recently revised the cobb intake. My guess is Ford is a low part of their market and they're trying to improve sales with updated R&D

https://flic.kr/p/2hJtR4L]
Cobb Intake[/url] by https://www.flickr.com/photos/132091316@N04/]caden sweeney[/url], on Flickr
I wonder if that sounds any different than their old one? My car had a Cobb CAI when I got it, but it looked different so I'm guessing it was their old one. Was really disappointed with how quiet it is.