Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Improving condenser/radiator airflow?

Don't know if this horse is beat already, but hopefully looking for some direction or someone who found a workaround. With it being 100+ *F the past few weeks, it seems like the little Fiesta's a/c can't keep up unless you're moving or have a water sprayer rigged up on the front. I'm also fearing overheating now since we had yet another '17 FiST in with an a/c related overheat (high side pressures way over spec due to poor cooling). Has anyone had luck with trimming the grille, despite there being a bumper behind it? Otherwise, are fog light brake/cooling ducts still available with the "halo" LEDs? Maybe rig up an air feed from there to the radiator/condenser. Or just make a sprayer kit lol. Anywho, any info would be great :p.

DAW

Don't know if this horse is beat already, but hopefully looking for some direction or someone who found a workaround. With it being 100+ *F the past few weeks, it seems like the little Fiesta's a/c can't keep up unless you're moving or have a water sprayer rigged up on the front. I'm also fearing overheating now since we had yet another '17 FiST in with an a/c related overheat (high side pressures way over spec due to poor cooling). Has anyone had luck with trimming the grille, despite there being a bumper behind it? Otherwise, are fog light brake/cooling ducts still available with the "halo" LEDs? Maybe rig up an air feed from there to the radiator/condenser. Or just make a sprayer kit lol. Anywho, any info would be great :p.
You in Arizona? Mine has been overheating at idle here. So I ordered this for the fix.

I had a spec v sentra that I put a turbo (t3t4) and it always would overheat at idle in traffic when running the ac. I bought an all alum inum radiator, 2 high performance Spal fans, and lower temp mishimoto thermostats - still overheated. I put foam seal tape around the radiator fan shroud forcing more air flow through the cooling fins. It worked. 20200513_103424.jpg

OP
S
Thread Starter #6
You in Arizona? Mine has been overheating at idle here. So I ordered this for the fix.
Yeah lol. Did a customer's radiator and a fellow coworker's radiator last week due to overheat. I was kinda curious if a Mishimoto/Mountune radiator could help with the a/c, don't know if their cooling fins would allow more airflow or not though.
I had a spec v sentra that I put a turbo (t3t4) and it always would overheat at idle in traffic when running the ac. I bought an all alum inum radiator, 2 high performance Spal fans, and lower temp mishimoto thermostats - still overheated. I put foam seal tape around the radiator fan shroud forcing more air flow through the cooling fins. It worked. View attachment 32317
I trust spal, installed one on my Mustang and that thing pulls air. Sadly, not enough for a/c as I found out, but 100+ temps and it floats around 190 without a/c. My coworker/mentor is a DIY fabricator, so maybe could come up with a spal fan and shroud setup for my FiST. I do want to contact Ford and ask them directly why our cars have such crappy airflow, just to see what they say since FoST's don't have this issue and they also run a single large fan.

PhoenixM3

I did open all the hexagon thingies in the upper grill and that helped a little bit. The other part was the 2JR intake, which I promptly removed because it was too much noise for me.