Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Installed Bilstein B6 rear only. Is this real or placebo?

I installed only the rear Bilstein B6 shocks on my otherwise stock suspension car. I did not install the front struts because I'm still on the fence about lowering with Swift springs and I don't want the possibility of going through the front install twice. Driving around the crappy roads where I am, I did notice that the edge has been taken off the normal bouncy feel. Is this a real possibility to have such improvement with just the rears installed or is this just some placebo effect. I know in my previous Fox body Mustang life, it was said that rear suspension changes had more influence on ride quality than changes to the front.

George

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I had the same experience when I changed my rear struts to koni orange.

The factory dampers have a ton of rebound in them, so yes it's likely that you do have a smoother ride now with the Bilsteins on. Same thing as above happened when I did just the Koni Orange in the rear, noticeably smoother. Now paired with Whiteline springs the ride is awesome for still being on the stock wheels/tires, but the handling has suffered so I'm debating on switching stuff up again. Better tires than the factory Michelin all seasons would probably do wonders as well.

KKaWing

Yep, I have the full set of B6's and the edge definitely gets rounded off, no regrets.

OP
G
Thread Starter #5
Good to know that I’m not crazy. I will likely go with Konig Dekagrams in the future too so hopefully it will be a match made in heaven.