Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Installing the 2j cowl intake on a 2017 fiesta st

Does anyone have an accurate description and install process for the 2j cowl intake? I've installed mine to my best judgement but I was left with a large rubber coupling and a large plastic coupling connector?? I'm also picking up 2 misfired and a few knock( yes I know that both these can be natural) I'm running the stage 1 cobb tune and I haven't done any other upgrades. The car only has 8000 miles on it . Also does anyone else expierenece that bumblebees buzz that almost sounds like a rattleing ngine cover with this intake??

OP
T
Thread Starter #5
Being rude to people your asking for help. Not going to work
Problem with current gen car guys is nobody just does. Let me find a step by step write up......ever thought you could learn by doing?
This. Also it's always good to post pics of what you're talking about

Not a good way to start off in the forum OP. Eglove was just trying to help. Hopefully someone here will chime in with a solution. If no one does and you figure it out, please post some pics or make a step by step guide for 2016+ cars to help others that may be in the same situation as you in the future. Good Luck OP!

I installed a 2j intake on my '16. I did not use the rubber coupler or the plastic section as I didn't see the need for them. For the large diameter PCV hose that goes from the head to the intake, I disconnected the oem hose where it connects right next to the sensor. You need some brute force to get it off. The supplied PCV hose fits perfectly onto the pipe you just disconnected the OEM hose from. I used additional hose clamps for extra security here. The same PCV hose then fits snuggly on the 2j intake and I used another hose clamp there as well. The rest should be straight forward.

I also have the "bumblebee" sound you are describing. In my case, I believe its the intake vibrating in the cowl as it's a very tight fit. I'm going to purchase a thin pad of some sort to try and reduce the vibrations.

OP
T
Thread Starter #10
Being rude to people your asking for help. Not going to work
Problem with current gen car guys is nobody just does. Let me find a step by step write up......ever thought you could learn by doing?
No being rude is chiming in on a post winth no helpful information other than "there's already threads on this". I have installed it but I like to check my work. And don't refer to current gen guys like your better. Sorry we can afford new cars.

OP
T
Thread Starter #11
I installed a 2j intake on my '16. I did not use the rubber coupler or the plastic section as I didn't see the need for them. For the large diameter PCV hose that goes from the head to the intake, I disconnected the oem hose where it connects right next to the sensor. You need some brute force to get it off. The supplied PCV hose fits perfectly onto the pipe you just disconnected the OEM hose from. I used additional hose clamps for extra security here. The same PCV hose then fits snuggly on the 2j intake and I used another hose clamp there as well. The rest should be straight forward.

I also have the "bumblebee" sound you are describing. In my case, I believe its the intake vibrating in the cowl as it's a very tight fit. I'm going to purchase a thin pad of some sort to try and reduce the vibrations.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!! This was extremely helpful and I really appreciate your input!! I thought I was going crazy with that noise and spare parts!

OP
T
Thread Starter #12
I'll definitely post pictures once I'm sure I have everything right! This process definitely needs updates with the higher models

OP
T
Thread Starter #13

Also did you use the Cobb adapter T setup as recommended on the website? Any details on that if so?

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
No being rude is chiming in on a post winth no helpful information other than "there's already threads on this". I have installed it but I like to check my work. And don't refer to current gen guys like your better. Sorry we can afford new cars.
I believe his use of "current gen" was referring to the lazy current generation of *person* that can't be troubled to try things and wants the answers all handed to them.

Whether you intend to or not, you're coming across as quite pompous, you might want to pump the brakes and read your replies out loud before posting them - it's a great way to avoid coming across unfavorably, as it's difficult to convey tone via forum posts. Brevity can easily come across as rudeness.

Welcome to the forum, remember you get out of things what you put into them.

OP
T
Thread Starter #15

I believe his use of "current gen" was referring to the lazy current generation of *person* that can't be troubled to try things and wants the answers all handed to them.

Whether you intend to or not, you're coming across as quite pompous, you might want to pump the brakes and read your replies out loud before posting them - it's a great way to avoid coming across unfavorably, as it's difficult to convey tone via forum posts. Brevity can easily come across as rudeness.

Welcome to the forum, remember you get out of things what you put into them.
I appreciate actual help. Not people literally telling me to do it myself. And his reply isn't "pompous??". I'm 35 years old I hardly qualify as a "new generation" get off your high horse. Jeezus forum warriors I swear

Also did you use the Cobb adapter T setup as recommended on the website? Any details on that if so?
I used Whoosh' 16+ adapter, but it should work similarly to the cobb one. I originally had a cp-e intake installed, so i had Ron send me longer hose and I moved the check valve close to the intake. I have some turbo flutter that may be related to it, but no codes or issues. I may have had flutter prior and it is just louder now due to the intake.

OP
T
Thread Starter #18

I used Whoosh' 16+ adapter, but it should work similarly to the cobb one. I originally had a cp-e intake installed, so i had Ron send me longer hose and I moved the check valve close to the intake. I have some turbo flutter that may be related to it, but no codes or issues. I may have had flutter prior and it is just louder now due to the intake.
Awesome man thank you so much for the input and help. Huge Weight off my shoulders