Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Interesting GF-6A oil find

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I found this Sunoco oil on https://petroleumservicecompany.com as I was oil shopping. They frequently have super low prices on clearance motor oils simply due to label or formulation changes. My son builds LS engines and goes through lots of oil, so I try to find oil deals for him and I noticed this regular priced stuff on the site.

"SUNOCO ULTRA FULL SYNTHETIC SP/GF-6A PASSENGER CAR ENGINE OILS meet the most demanding lubrication requirements of today’s naturally aspirated, turbocharged, direct-injected, gasoline-fueled and flex-fueled engines. These oils are ILSAC GF-6A certified, fully backwards compatible to GF-5 and earlier certifications, have been engineered to meet the latest specifications of Ford Motor Company for protection from LSPI events and are API “Resource Conserving” for improved fuel economy."

Sunoco Lubricants
Sunoco Ultra Full Synthetic 5w-20 | 12/1 Quart Case
$35.10

Under $3.00 QT plus shipping

I wish their oil had titanium but I suspect that costs involved is too high to develop one for the limited distribution of their products.

So, does any one have any experience with this oil in GF-5 specs? One thing for sure they were a quick one to release GF-6!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
AutoZone frequently Clearances out Boutique oil I.E. Valvoline Synpower, Castrol Syntec, Mobil 1 Ext and numerous others for around $1.00 to $3.00 a qt or $5-15 for a 5 qt. Gallon due to label changes or discontinuing them or New product coming in. I tell people all the time just cruise through once a month usually on Sunday Mornings just as they open to get a good look @ newly posted Price changes* Food for thought! [drummer]

OP
jmrtsus

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
AutoZone frequently Clearances out Boutique oil I.E. Valvoline Synpower, Castrol Syntec, Mobil 1 Ext and numerous others for around $1.00 to $3.00 a qt or $5-15 for a 5 qt. Gallon due to label changes or discontinuing them or New product coming in. I tell people all the time just cruise through once a month usually on Sunday Mornings just as they open to get a good look @ newly posted Price changes* Food for thought! [drummer]
Good tip for folks! Usually they just flat rate the prices to the $1-2 a quart price like you mention. Sometimes big steals can be had. They also do not put the stuff on the floor at some stores so favored customers get the deals. Make a friend at the store so you get a call the day before. PSC also does that after a sale like the Kendall oil is on sale now to clear out the GF-5. Then what is left will go in the close out bin and get dirt cheap. I always buy my oil online, cheaper and dropped off in my garage when I leave the door open on delivery day. We go thru 14 QTs for the 2 cars per oil change @3500 mile average, about 60 QTs a year. We made the switch to GF-6 on my wife's car yesterday. Online also saves me 9.25% sales tax and the PIA trip to get it.