Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Introducing the 1st Alcantara FiST Steering Wheel available from Redlinegoods!

So a few months back I was able to buy a stock FiST steering wheel out of a totaled FiST. I'm not a fan of the cheap pleather Ford used, so I contacted Redlinegoods about them making a cover for the FiST since they only offered one for the Focus. As of yesterday I have the first wheel cover they produced for the FiST! I'm guessing now hat they have the pattern they'll produce them in any variety of materials and stitching colors they typically offer, but I wanted a full Alcantara cover with the Silver stitching to match the shift boot and armrest cover I already have from them.

As with everything else I've got from them, the quality looks OEM! I just can't wait to get it in the car now. Anyone know the procedure for removing the steering wheel? My only real concern is removing the horn pad with airbag.

OP
BostonDriver
Thread Starter #3
Redlinegoods installed it since they needed the wheel on hand to develop the pattern. They will be selling the covers for people to do the install themselves though. Looking at their videos of other cover installs it doesn't look too difficult.

Nice! That was my favorite mod on my MINI Cooper S...the Alcantara JCW steering wheel. You get to enjoy it EVERY single drive!

[twothumb]

OP
BostonDriver
Thread Starter #7
They didn't, but I'm sure if you contacted them they'd be able to make one now. Once I install it I need to send them pictures. I think they're waiting for this pictures for their website.

MPA

Looks great, but I have no faith that I would be able to put it on as well as that lol

rexdriver85

Looks great! But how would you actually install that yourself? It looks like they fitted and stitched the material right on the wheel.

OP
BostonDriver
Thread Starter #15
Looks great! But how would you actually install that yourself? It looks like they fitted and stitched the material right on the wheel.
Watch on of their videos on installing it yourself. Basically you lay it over the wheel and start lacing together the stitching gradually tightening it as you work around and close the seam. The plastic trim pieces come off so you just take them of beforehand and screw them back on when done to hide the edges. I'm not sure how the ST badge comes off. I heard it was part of the wheel so I'm guessing you need to tuck the material under it.