Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

iPhone 4S

Anybody been able to get text messaging setup with a 4S? Either notification or read to you? Is that even posiable?....like to get the most out of our new technology.
I've been fooling around, signed up at myford touch...i do have the latest upgrade...just curious if anyone knows some tips..

Perry

Anybody been able to get text messaging setup with a 4S? Either notification or read to you? Is that even posiable?....like to get the most out of our new technology.
I've been fooling around, signed up at myford touch...i do have the latest upgrade...just curious if anyone knows some tips..
A Ford tech rep posted a link to this SYNC support item on another forum. Some have had luck with it. I tried it and did not, though I did not go to the extent of doing a "factory reset" of my phone. Way too much of a pain in the patootie for me. The thing should just work, dammit! [wink]

OP
Diabs
Thread Starter #3
A Ford tech rep posted a link to this SYNC support item on another forum. Some have had luck with it. I tried it and did not, though I did not go to the extent of doing a "factory reset" of my phone. Way too much of a pain in the patootie for me. The thing should just work, dammit! [wink]
lol....I agree 100%

STooge

I'm not sure its the same in much ways but so far i have my Iphone 5 reading texts to me but when i try to send a reply it says failed or something.

I can't remember where i read it but this is how I did it;

Settingt>Bluetooth>Info(the "i" next to your SYNC system)>Show Notifications (slide it to the "on" position)

Then when you receive a text, the car will alert you and you can choose to have the message read to you.

Perry

I'm not sure its the same in much ways but so far i have my Iphone 5 reading texts to me but when i try to send a reply it says failed or something.

I can't remember where i read it but this is how I did it;

Settingt>Bluetooth>Info(the "i" next to your SYNC system)>Show Notifications (slide it to the "on" position)

Then when you receive a text, the car will alert you and you can choose to have the message read to you.
That's pretty much what the SYNC support site directs, though it's a bit longer and more specific in its steps. As I said, I couldn't get it to work--when I tried, my phone went completely unrecognized by the SYNC system, and I couldn't get it to be re-paired at all. Had to go back and undo the Show Notifications thing, and then it connected just as it had before.

OP
Diabs
Thread Starter #6
Well I can text out by using Siri! But I think the 4s isn't what the 5 is...that being said...I'll just wait till my next phone upgrade.
Unless someone else is having success with a 4s? Please chime in!

Perry

Update: I tried again, and, in spite of doing exactly the same thing I did last time without success, I'm now able to have SYNC/MFT speak aloud incoming text messages, controlling the function by my voice commands through SYNC/MFT. I'm using a 4S with iOS7.0.4.

OP
Diabs
Thread Starter #8
Update: I tried again, and, in spite of doing exactly the same thing I did last time without success, I'm now able to have SYNC/MFT speak aloud incoming text messages, controlling the function by my voice commands through SYNC/MFT. I'm using a 4S with iOS7.0.4.
Success!! Now I'll have to fiddle around for sure and make mine work....keep ya posted!

STooge

Awesome guys. I wonder if it had anything to do with needing to be re-started. like if you changed the settings while sitting in the car even key off then it may not work. I know mine i changed the settings on my phone in my house then whent outside, phone connected perfectly and began working instantly.

I'm glad its working now for you Perry.

OP
Diabs
Thread Starter #10
Success x2!...just got mine to work!! Alls perfect in my world!
😜

OP
Diabs
Thread Starter #11
What else I noticed was, when following the online setup...and watching my phone sync up again...a hands free icon appeared on my phone briefly as if to connect aswell to SYNC/mft..but it didn't and disappeared...
I was able to listen to the text, but when I wanted to reply, that did not work or was not sent...
Not a huge deal, as I mentioned b4...u can use Siri to send a text through SYNC/mft.