Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is anybody else having Android auto issue?

When I plug my phone into the USB cable it is telling me that the USB device is not recognized. It was just recently working well and I have had no problems until now. I tried new cables, disconnecting the battery and some other software type troubleshooting. My phone is still charging normally too. Thanks for any input

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I am having the same issue with my '17 2 USB version. I haven't updated the sync software in a long time, but the android auto is the latest with the new interface. I got a new cable which seemed to "seat" better in my LG phone, but now after a week it's back to the same issue. Not sure if it's the USB-C on the phone is worn (it's nearly a year old - the horror), I'm buying cheap grocery store cables, or if it is an actual software issue. It's become so annoying that I just rely on it for charging, and use bluetooth without AA for listening to Pandora -

OP
RhinoAl
Thread Starter #4
I have a 2016, 2 usb, I'm using a google pixel 2xl. I had also wondered if it were the usb connection from the phone if it were some way damaged or worn out from plugging it in so many times. I honestly didn't even realize recently how much I was using AA and waze on a regular basis.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
I have a 2016, 2 usb, I'm using a google pixel 2xl. I had also wondered if it were the usb connection from the phone if it were some way damaged or worn out from plugging it in so many times. I honestly didn't even realize recently how much I was using AA and waze on a regular basis.
Install a usb cable permanently. If you worry about the C-usb jack on the phone, get one of the cables that uses a magnet to attach different tips, and keep the C-usb connector in your phone all the time.

I have a 2019 and was having connection issues but I found out it was the USB cable on the type C side that was causing the problems. It seems loose I still have the error message pop up once in a while. I just unplug it and replug it.

OP
RhinoAl
Thread Starter #7
So I tried my mom's phone today and it worked as it normally would. It definitely seems like its my phone. I guess its time to get a new one I suppose

OP
RhinoAl
Thread Starter #9
I actually didn't know the update was out, so I am just downloading and installing now. Also I have read that there is a way to run android auto wirelessly using the WiFi. Can anyone confirm that this is real?

DEss

I actually didn't know the update was out, so I am just downloading and installing now. Also I have read that there is a way to run android auto wirelessly using the WiFi. Can anyone confirm that this is real?
It is, but you'd have to get a new head unit.

The 'device not recognized' message - is that on the sync 3 screen or your pixel screen?

DEss

OP
RhinoAl
Thread Starter #11
It is, but you'd have to get a new head unit.

The 'device not recognized' message - is that on the sync 3 screen or your pixel screen?

DEss
Wow, that's lame. It's on my sync screen. Im pretty sure it says USB device not responding actually.

DEss

It's on my sync screen. Im pretty sure it says USB device not responding actually.

When you check the pixel while it's plugged in, what is your usb preference set to?

DEss

OP
RhinoAl
Thread Starter #13
When you check the pixel while it's plugged in, what is your usb preference set to?

DEss
It doesn't even show up as connected, just charging.

DEss

It says USB not recognized

Well, if we assume you have the proper drivers on your desktop, and that it used to be recognized there, then i think your issue isn't with android auto but with your pixel usb. Try different cables - that sometimes helps.

DEss